May 25, 2011

Give Me More Money

My two year mark at my job passed in March. I have been ever so patiently waiting for my review. It has now passed the two month mark, so I sent my supervisor and e-mail to see if he had a guesstimate as to when my review would actually take place. He said that he is "hoping" to have my review fully written out by the end of this week. If that in fact happens he said my actual review will be held next week.

Now I've had reviews later than 2 months trust me. And yes, I realize that most reviews at any job are never on time. But it still irritates the living hell out of me. I do my job every day, on time, but my review can't be at least within a month of the actual date. *sigh* It's not like my supervisor doesn't know it's coming up. It's not like he doesn't have time to prepare. My last supervisor was much, much worse though. He at one point took over 9 months to do someone's review. That is fucking insane. I would have been in HR's office after three months had gone by bitching up a storm.

I also know that nothing guarantees a raise. But in the "business" I'm in I know damn well they aren't hurting for money. I won't go into what my place of employment actually does, so please don't ask. All I'll say is that it is not shady and it is not illegal. And no one who works there has never not gotten a raise. It may be a small one because they suck at their job, but they at least get some kind of bump.

Me? I bust my ass. I've taken the initiative to ask for cross training, which my supervisor agreed would be a good idea he just has to time it right so that our trainer isn't overwhelmed. I get that, but hey... I'm the one that brought it up. I've never gotten less than a 3% raise. And 3% is the standard. I'm hoping that my raise is a decent one. If it isn't I'm hoping I have the nerve to ask for more. The worst that can happen is that they say no. But I get so damn nervous about making waves at my job. I don't want to put my job in jeopardy because I asked for more money. I know that's a worst case scenario but it's still one that whispers in my ear from the back of my head.

I want my raise. I know they will back date it, but I want it now. I'm not normally a patient person anyway, but then you throw money in the mix and I'm much worse.

Next week is a four day work week so if what my supervisor said is true it'll be either next Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment