May 6, 2011

Love & Marriage

I'm sure I've said it before and I'll say it again, Master and I are surrounded by fucked up relationships. His mother is a good example. She's on her fourth marriage and it's as fucked up as the last one. My mother's isn't as much fucked up as it is odd. My father has a girlfriend but they are not married. My father never plans on getting married again. Apparently my mother scared him off from the idea. I personally just think he now has commitment issues.

Two of our friends are engaged. Not to each other. Their relationships are also fucked up. Regardless of which set you are talking about the woman has the guy under her thumb, but not in a D/s sort of way. Just in an overbearing bitch kind of way.

And then there is us. We're fucked up, but in a different way. We're fucked up in a way that makes sense to us. We have our problems of course. But they don't harm our marriage. Unlike every other example we have in this life, we become stronger and stronger. In eight years we have been through a lot together and no matter what, or what causes it, we come out of it more committed to each other than before. At the time we didn't think such was possible, but apparently it is. Our foundation and our love just becomes more firmly cemented whenever life or situations toss us into the fire.

I am thankful for that. And as much as I am dependent on Him and would be lost without him, I know that regardless of our dynamic He would be just as lost without me. That may not sound very "Masterly" but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment