May 13, 2011

Work & Family

First the work portion of this post.

Today sucked. It was the Friday I was supposed to be able to leave at noon. But I couldn't because I had a lot of work to catch up on and I didn't want to come in on Monday to all of it on top of my new weekly case load. So I stayed. I was getting a ride from MV and BV when they were done. They don't leave until 5pm.

So I busted my ass all day today. The good thing is that I am caught up. Yay! It was actually gratifying in it's own way being able to get caught up just because I was there for another four hours. (I did take a lunch.) It also helped that I was in a low-key form of a manic phase. Even in a low-key version of such I get hyper, I become extremely productive and my mind bounces around like it's a super bouncy ball.

I ended up clocking out at 4:35pm. I had run out of work and I'm not the type of employee to pad my hours. I don't need to get in trouble simply because I wanted a little bit more on my paycheck. It's not worth it. So I waited until MV and BV were done. The only problem was that BV couldn't clock out until 5:30pm. Oh well. I called Master and let Him know that I was running behind because of such.

I got home around 6pm and immediately hopped in our car to run down to Wendy's to grab dinner. When I got home we ate and watched an episode of Torchwood. After that I started to crash. I had stayed up late last night, got up at 6am and my manic mode was wearing off rather quickly. So Master allowed me to go to the bedroom and nap. He woke me up a little after 9:30pm. So now we have the rest of the evening to spend time together.

Okay, on to the family portion of this post.

Tomorrow Master is going to see His half-brother for the first time in over 10 years. He lost touch with His half-brother and half-sister when He stopped talking to their/His father. Now that Master and His father are back on good terms He is slowly but surely getting back in touch with the rest of that side of the family. Master and I had already seen His three half-sisters. Now it is time for the half-brother. Master is not the least bit nervous. I am a little bit. I want Master's family to like me, but I don't want to be fake about it. I want to be myself and I will be.

His mother says she likes me, but I know deep down she only likes certain qualities I have but not myself as a whole. His father thinks I'm great. He calls me a "firecracker". *giggles* His three half-sisters like me. So I am hoping that His half-brother and his wife do as well.

I told Master as such and He said He isn't worried about it because it's not like anyone in His family can change His mind about me. Well I know that, obviously. But still. My family, all of them, love Master. They think He's great. So I would like at least one side of His family to like me just as much. On His mother's side it's just Him and His mother. But His father's side of the family is huge. It's like they can't stop reproducing. I think they are trying to take over the world. His father alone has five children over the course of three marriages. His half-brother is going on his second child and it sounds that at least the wife wants more.

So tomorrow should prove to be interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment