May 11, 2011

Hurry Up Weekend

As I said in yesterday's post work has been extremely busy and extremely stressful. In fact today as I saw that as soon as I got one thing done another thing suddenly appeared on my desk, I knew that I wasn't going to get caught up by noon on Friday. This week is normally the Friday where I get to leave at noon.

I also started to realize that if I left at noon on Friday I would be even further behind and it would be hell playing catch up next week. So as much as I didn't want to, I talked to my supervisor. He said that ultimately it was my call, that I could let it slide until next week but he also said that it was probably a good idea that if I wasn't caught up significantly by the time I leave tomorrow that I stay late on Friday.

Nice hint Mr. Supervisor. Very subtle.

So depending on how my desk looks by 5pm tomorrow I may be staying at work late. Joy. On one hand it will suck. On the other hand the overtime will be really nice.

So then comes my other dilemma. I carpool to work, so if I do have to stay late on Friday I'll have to find another way home. MV and BV offered to take me home when they get out of work at 5pm. So I'd be staying an extra 5 hours. Again the overtime sounds great. But it will still suck.

When I got home I told Master all of this and He offered to come pick me up when I was done. That would be great and everything, but we have a lot of running going on soon. Saturday we are meeting up with His brother. I think Sunday is free. Next weekend on Saturday we are going to a concert because my brother got us tickets. That Sunday we are going down to visit my family.

So yeah. Gas is not cheap right now. I'll hopefully get my paycheck stub tomorrow so I can run through finances real quick to see what is feasible and what isn't. From there Master and I can decide what would be better. Him picking me up and my maybe not having to stay so late, or me getting a free ride home at 5pm on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment