May 29, 2011

Bribing Master

Our dynamic of Master and slave is always in place. We're not "part timers". But even so sometimes I can bribe or cut a deal with Him. Sometimes it's pretty easy, other times it takes a while.

This time, it's taken 6 years. That is not a typo. *laughs*

Master has been living in our current apartment for 7 years. I've been here for 6 years. Almost a month after I moved in here we were talking about leaving at the end of the lease. It's not that this is a bad place or anything, it's just something we started talking about. When we were first talking about moving in together we figured it would be us finding a place together and moving in at the same time. Not me moving in with Him or Him moving in with me. But the financial situation at the time didn't allow for that. My lease had ended which is why rather than renewing again I just moved in with Master.

Well financial situations haven't allowed us to move. That and finding an apartment that will take a large dog is pretty fucking difficult. It was more so when we had our Ghost puppy because of his breeds. He was a German Shepard / Husky mix. It was the German Shepard part a lot of people had a problem with and it was pretty obvious that he was part Shepard other wise we would have just lied. He was a good dog, a very loving boy. He didn't have aggressive tendencies at all. But there are stereo types for certain breeds which invoke fear or concern. Which is really sad.

But getting back to my original point, we've been stuck here. Our lease renews again this fall. Our friend SS has offered for us to rent out the house her and her fiance are moving out of. They own it, so we'd be renting it from them. At first I was so excited because it would be a whole house and we'd be out of here. But then Master smacked me with some realities. I would lose my carpool because we'd be pretty far away from where we currently are. Our electric bill would be much higher because instead of a two bedroom apartment it would be a three bedroom house. We'd have to take on more bills such as water, sewer, etc. Our finances are tight enough.

Plus Master honestly doesn't want to move until it's either a rent-to-own or a straight up mortgage. He doesn't want to move just to rent somewhere else. That was another thing that kept us from moving when I first got here.

I'm rambling. So what was the deal I cut? Well, when I moved in I didn't bring any furniture with me. All the furniture was already here, so I didn't have to. There are certain things we got rid of such as two couches we had. But we only got rid of them because His mother offered us an $800 couch she was getting rid of for free. It was in perfect condition she just wanted a $1,500 leather couch instead. So we took the couch. We have also obtained a dresser and a recliner from her just because she wanted to redecorate. (My mother-in-law is weird.) We got one end table that my dad gave us.

But there are three pieces of furniture that I have been bugging Master to let me replace. One is the headboard. He doesn't want to move that. It's heavy as hell. He says He doesn't want to move it until we actually move out of here at which point we will simply junk it and buy a new one. Another one is the computer desk. No excuse there really, He just didn't want to get rid of it and figures we'll just get a new one when we move out. The last one, the one I absolutely hated, was the entertainment center. It was big, no problem there. But it was black press board and it was a bit warped because of it's age. Master said He just didn't want to dick with it and we'll replace it when we move.

The other "defense" as it were that He had was that we couldn't afford to replace such things. They weren't things we had replaced simply because we just an upgrade from one of our relatives. And He was right.

When I did move in over 6 years ago though I had a TV with me. It was going to go in the bedroom because at the time Master had a working one already. Well, there was no place to put the damn thing in the bedroom. So I had gone out and purchased a really nice smaller entertainment center. But see, that was for the bedroom. Not the living room. And since we were using it in the bedroom He didn't see a reason to switch them. I agreed.

Well His TV died a few years ago. So we brought the TV out of the bedroom and put it out here. The entertainment center I bought when I first moved in just became something to put collectables on.

Last night I was thinking about the entertainment center in the bedroom. I hadn't really thought of it before but for some reason it hit me. We don't have to spend money to replace the entertainment center in the living room because we already have one! So I brought it up. Master huffed and sighed. My Master, the love of my life that He is, hates change. He hates it when we have to get new electronics, He hates it when we have to get new furniture. The only piece of furniture He wants to replace is the bed. He wants something with more support for His back. But that's for functional purposes. He hates it at the time of the change, but eventually He comes to love it or He just accepts and tolerates it because He knows it makes me happy and quite honestly I do not ask for much. He gets irritated because I don't want much.

So I kept talking about it without trying to nag. (Although I'm sure He would say I was nagging.) And finally He cut a deal with me. We would take the old entertainment center out to the dumpster, pull the other one out of the bedroom and get it all arranged. I was so happy I didn't care what the terms were. They honestly weren't that bad. I had to take the dog out all three times today. Morning, afternoon and night. No biggie there. And I also could no longer talk about replacing the headboard or computer desk until one of two things happen. Either we are moving into somewhere new or it starts to break. I agreed readily. The computer desk and headboard just aren't really my style. No big deal. But I loathed that damn entertainment center. I hated it. Big black warped press board. Ugh. It's not like Master liked it either. It's what He had at the time and once it was there He didn't want to go through the hassle of taking all the electronics out and fuck with it. And I understood that to a point. But when I moved in I didn't think we'd still be here 6 years later.

So like I said I agreed. Master woke me up at 7am to take the dog out because the dog had woken Him up. I took him with no complaint what so ever. I went back to bed afterward. Master and I got up a bit later and after Master's shower we started on our project. I was grinning the whole time. It probably sounds so damn stupid. I'm grinning over changing out an entertainment center.

We got all of the electronics out and dusted the hell out of them. We put the dog in his crate and opened the sliding glass door in the living room. We each grabbed an end of the old entertainment center and out to the dumpster it went. We came back in and I cleaned the area we had just cleared while Master dragged the "new" entertainment center from the bedroom. We got it set up and we put all the electronics on it. It looks awesome! Everything was hooked up properly the first time, which surprised me. Normally at least one cord is either "left over" or is hooked up to the wrong thing. But this time it went smooth as silk. I know Master right now does not like it. But He hasn't bitched once. He hasn't rolled His eyes and He hasn't commented on it at all. The only thing He did say was that either He would come to like it better or He would come to tolerate it. But I know the only reason He did this at all was to make me happy.

We both know we are stuck here for quite some time and Master knows I've wanted to get rid of that thing since I moved in here six years ago. And He knows that once it dawned on me that we're probably stuck here for at least another two years, it bothered me. He gave in and let me do this one thing to try to please me.

I just typed a 1,600+ word post about a damn entertainment center. Wow. Again, that may seem stupid but it really meant a lot to me for Him to do that.

Oh, by the way... the living room actually looks bigger because we don't have a huge entertainment center in it that we didn't even have enough stuff to fill it with. So yay all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment