May 19, 2011

Quality Time

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not. I'm too lazy to go into the archives and look. A while ago my brother learned that one of Master's favorite bands is going to be in town. My birthday had just passed as had our anniversary. Then Master's birthday (which Master insists does not exist this year) is next month. So for an all in one shot my brother got us tickets for the concert. At first we were grateful but not all YAY! or anything. Just "Hey man that is awesome, thank you!"

Now, the concert is very close. It's this Saturday in fact. We have our tickets and we're ready to go. My brother and a friend of his is going as well. Hopefully his friend is not an annoying asshole. But it's cool that my brother will be there as well.

Since it's so close I'm started to get excited about it. Master and I haven't been to a concert in five years. It seems like not that long ago I was going to concerts at least every other year. But then the ticket prices started to get higher so I became more selective in the bands I was willing to pony up the money for. Then the bands I would love to see live either didn't come close enough into the area or I didn't have the money at the time.

So this will be wicked as hell. I know for a fact I'll be pretty much deaf on Sunday. Thankfully that will be the day of recovery before I have to go back to work on Monday.

The weirdest thought hit me a few days ago regarding the concert. This will be the third concert Master and I have gone to together. However, it will be the first one we've been to since we got married. So then I started laughing about that thinking to myself, "Aw! It's our first concert as a married couple!"

To most people that would probably sound like a really odd thing to say. But Master and I are really into music (as far as listening) and miss going to concerts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment