May 3, 2011

Raise

My review at my job is coming up soon. My anniversary at my job was two months ago. I spoke to my supervisor and he told me that my review would be coming up shortly.

I've been talking with some people at work and with Master and it seems that they all think that if my raise isn't what it should be, that I could attempt to bargain for more. I'm a damn good worker, when I run out of work I ask for me, etc and so on.

I've mainly done retail work until about three years ago. That's when I started doing office work. In retail whatever your raise is, that's what you get. There is no bargaining.

But apparently since I've been taking initiative and have been doing a really good job, my two work friends and Master all think that I could bargain for more. The worst thing that could happen is they say no. So it's worth a shot right?

But I'm nervous about it. I've never attempted to ask for more money from any job I've worked at. I've always just nodded my head when they tell me what I'm getting as a raise or what my starting pay will be. It's just how it's always gone. So I'm not really sure how to go about it. Since I'm unsure about how to bring that subject up, I'm nervous about it. It doesn't help that I don't know exactly when my review will be. Normally I don't get advance warning. I normally get an e-mail saying, "Your review will be at this time today. See you there!"

I know I'll be getting a good review, so it's not about that. It's just the raise thing that is making me nervous about it.

Anyone have experience or input on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment