October 4, 2013

Or Not....

If there is one thing I can always count on my mother-in-law for it's last minute changes. All day today I was thinking about how busy this weekend was going to be and what the hell was going to happen at my mother-in-law's place. Part of the reason she had contacted us in the first place is because she said there was a lot of "drama" on her husband's side. Never mind that woman creates drama one way or another.

Anyway, I had been thinking about it all day. I was hoping it was going to go well. I had prepared myself as best I could. I figured that Master was doing the same. We both always have to kind of prepare ourselves for dealing with her. Mainly because we never know which way it's going to go or how many times it'll change while we're there.

But then I get home from work and I told Master about my day. He told me how His day went and then in a very nonchalant manner told me that I didn't have to worry about going to His mother's tomorrow.

Um... okay?

Apparently shortly before I got home she sent Him an e-mail to let Him know that she can't have us down tomorrow. Her husband was sent out of state for his job very suddenly and so she cancelled the plans with us. She wanted the whole experience basically. The four of us. But since he won't be there she cancelled everything. It's a good thing though. Her husband acts as kind of a buffer. He's a nice guy. And he does get sent off for work at the drop of a hat a lot. Master used to work at the same place and it happened constantly.

So now it's just Master and I tomorrow. Then on Sunday my dad will come up, as long as his back allows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment