October 12, 2013

Family Time

Yesterday as soon as I got off of work I rushed home because I didn't want to be late to meet up with my father-in-law for lunch and it figures that traffic was not that great. But I still made it home early enough that Master and I had about 15 minutes to relax before we had to head back out. The funny thing was right after we parked the car His dad pulled in and parked next to us.

Lunch was a lot of fun. We caught up with one another and joked around for a while. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours before His dad had to head out. So I sent my dad a text to let him know that were heading down to his place. It didn't make any sense to go home for a half hour and head right back out. My dad said that was fine.

When we got down there my uncle was also there. I haven't seen him since.. well.. about last Halloween. He was helping my dad decorate his house for Halloween. So Master and I jumped in and started helping too. I didn't feel like I was much help because it was mainly putting cobwebs up on the ceiling. Master is tall enough that He only needed a step ladder once and that was because that was at the highest point of the ceiling. My dad of course, being the slight control freak he is, continuously got up to help even though we said it was handled. But he would help anyway for a little while before saying he should go sit down again because his back was bothering him. Eventually I just started telling him to go sit down. He seemed a little surprised by that but actually listened.. for a little while. *laughs*

I didn't realize it but about 3 1/2 hours went by when Master looked at His watch and said we should get going. I drove us home because I had to drop Master off to take care of the dog and then go pick up some food because we needed to go grocery shopping. It seemed to take forever to get the take-out but what did I expect? It was Friday night.

Once I finally got home we watched TV and ate dinner. I actually stayed up until 1:45am which I was surprised by. Master allowed me to continue sleeping on the couch until He went to bed at around 3:30am.

The dog ended up waking me around 7am. I tried to lay back down for a couple of hours. I had plans to meet up with my mother but that wasn't for a little while yet so I could have slept for another two hours. But, I couldn't fall back asleep so I stayed up and then sent my mom a text if I could just come down early. Thankfully she said yes.

My nephews were there but my brother wasn't. My brother was at work so she was babysitting them. We sat and talked for a while before running a few errands together. When I still lived down there we would do that pretty frequently. We'd both had errands to run so we would just go together. So, every now and then, when I go down we'll do just that. Her husband watched my nephews so we could go bumming around.

Around noon it looked like it was going to start raining so I decided to go home.

Master and I relaxed and watched a bit of TV. I ended up taking a hour and a half nap on the couch. I just woke up about a hour ago. At least that means I'll be able to be a bit of a night owl with Master.

It's been a busy couple of days but I've really enjoyed them and tomorrow it's just Master and I all day, which will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment