October 31, 2013

Itch

I'll fully admit that sometimes that I get this itch to just fuck with shit. And by fucking with shit I mean tech stuff. Ya know, like coding and what not. I have a feeling Master is going to roll His eyes when He reads that.

It sounds really stupid. I keep saying I'm going to change it because I'm bored. Then I'll say that I'll keep it this way because I love how it looks. It's a sickness. I apparently can never make up my mind on what the hell I want to do with this thing. And it's really the only thing I can be creative with. The only other small outlet I have is tweaking things on my Twitter account or the background on my e-mail account. That's not much honestly. And my Twitter account is how I want it. The only way I would tweak it is if I change how my blog looks and then make that match. I can't make it match right now because this blog layout, as far as the background goes, is a bit plain and it wouldn't look good on the Twitter profile.

If I knew more about coding, I would create my own theme entirely for the blog. I've tried that in the past when this blog first started out in 2007. Holy shit I can't believe it was that damn long ago. Yes, I know this blog only goes back to 2009. But my blog has gone through a couple of moves before it landed here. It actually originally started on Blogger. And that is when I had created my own blog layout from scratch. I thought it was the shit when I made it. As I sit here and think about how it looked I feel almost embarrassed by it. Never mind it no longer exists. Never mind it will never see the light of day again. I'm just a tad bit ashamed of how it looked. Then it moved to Wordpress and I paid to tweak with layouts. Well, the Wordpress got it's panties in a bunch and changed a bunch of shit so I said fuck you and jumped ship back here to Blogger.

And since it's been here, again, I've gone through several different themes. I've always tweaked them. Always. I've never just uploaded it and kept it exactly how it is. It might just be the color the links are. I don't care. I have to change something. Anything.

But now I sit here and think about fucking with this one and it sounds fun and it sounds like a pain in the ass and it sounds like it's going to take quite a bit of time to finish. Then I worry that I'll change it and then not like it and change it back to this. But then I worry that if I don't change it I'm going to regret it.

It's this damn itch that I get every now and then. And when it hits, it hits hard. This time is no different. I don't know. *shrugs* We'll see. I may just browse different themes that are available that I might be interested and want to tweak. You know.. like window shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment