October 13, 2013

New Book

I love reading. I have since I was a child. Master loves reading as well, which is a plus. A bigger plus is that nine times out of ten we enjoy the same books. That's helpful because then the purchase price of a book doesn't seem as harsh. *laughs* Some books are rather expensive, or at least they seem that way to me. Then again I'm picky about what I spend money on and prefer not to pay full price on anything if at all possible.

The problem is that lately we haven't heard of any books that peaked our interest. As a result, we've been re-reading the same books over and over again. We've only added one or two new to us books to our small collection in the past few years.

I am very wary about what books I buy. Like I said they aren't exactly cheap sometimes if I end up not liking a book I get kind of pissed off about it. That is why we don't buy books very often unless it's one that we know we enjoyed but just don't have anymore.

However, last night we stumbled on one that we both really want to read.

Believe it or not we were at a regular store looking through the DVDs for some cheap movies. We did end up finding a few which was awesome. But for whatever reason this particular store keeps the books right by the DVDs. I find that weird.

I walked right past them and went down the next aisle. But Master stopped for some reason. He picked up a Stephen King book. We both love Stephen King's older books. Not so much the newer ones. But this particular one sounds extremely interesting.

It's called "Doctor Sleep". Why did it peak our interest? It brings back an old character. The kid from "The Shining". I was quite shocked to read that and I immediately wanted to read the book. But we looked at the price and it was a bit too pricy for me to want to do it as an impulse buy.

I really want to pick it up but I'm going to bide my time unless I find it at a really good price. I'm really hoping to get the hardcover of it though. I prefer hardcover books. If I have to settle for a softcover book I'd be okay with that.

Hopefully I can find it at a good price soon. Although I know if we get a copy Master is going to read it first. *laughs*

2 comments: