October 30, 2013

Change in Plans

I really hate last minute changes. But sometimes they can't be avoided.

I spent all day today looking forward to tomorrow. Part of the reason is because it's Halloween and I love Halloween. But the other reason is because my dad was having his yearly haunted house and I was leaving early for the day in order to get down there as soon as I could and get into costume. Master could pretty much put on His entire costume except for the mask. Well, the gloves probably too. But anyway... with mine I have to get completely undressed and put my costume. It's a little more involved I guess is the way you would put it. I really wanted to do some really cool make-up this year but I wasn't going to have time.

Well.. that was the plan anyway.

I received a text from my dad while I was at work asking me to call him when I got home. That didn't sound good. I knew it wasn't too important other wise he wouldn't be waiting until after I got out of work.

I had a couple of stops I had to make before I actually got home. It had been a long fucking day. It was foggy all day which just left me feeling blah and kind of tired. Not as in I wanted to go to sleep but tired as in I didn't feel like I had a whole hell of a lot of energy. I was also sore as hell. Well, I still am really but that's really no surprise.

I'll admit I was cranky by the time I got out of work. And each of the two stops I made seemed to take forever. They weren't that bad really but it felt like it. Finally I got home. The mutt met me at the door like he always does but he also immediately got in my way and didn't want to move. I wasn't so nice when I told him to get out of the way. I had a bit of snark in my voice. I made my way to the kitchen and put the stuff I had in my hands down on the counter. Then as I tried to make my way down to the bedroom so I could get comfortable the mutt got in my way again. And again I kind of snarked at him. But once I got settled I had to call my dad.

Thankfully he picked up right away. I was worried I'd have to leave a voice mail. I asked him what was up and he told me that since it's supposed to rain tomorrow his courtyard had decided to move the trick or treat from tomorrow to Friday. *sigh* Okay.. it'll take a tiny bit of juggling but it isn't that big of a deal. I was a bit irritated about it at first but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it actually works out better that way.

I mean it sucks that trick or treat is going to be the first day of November. But what are you going to do, ya know? But the bright side is that I don't have to worry about rushing off to get home at a half way decent hour because I have to work the next morning. With it now being on a Friday I don't have to worry about it.

As soon as I got off the phone with him I had to send a text to the passenger in my carpool to let him know that I could take him home tomorrow but not Friday rather than the other way around. After that I called my mom. She had planned on swinging by with my nephews, so I had to tell her. She seemed irritated about it because she had done all the big build up today and now they'll have to learn that it's not until Friday. Hopefully they will still come.

We then finally ate dinner and watched a movie. Immediately after that Master put on His entire costume and had me take pictures from different angles so He knew that it was the way He wanted it. They turned out great and He's very happy with it.

Like I said it sucks it got moved back a day but it also works out better in the way that I can stay later than I had intended to because I don't have anywhere to be the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment