October 2, 2013

Pause

I love getting together with my family. I love getting together with Master's father's side of the family. His mother? Well, neither of us want to deal with her. But we have to. Remember how last week we were supposed to go to her house for dinner? Well she had cancelled saying something along the lines of saying that it was because I hadn't felt well the night before.

She had told Master to call her the upcoming Wednesday so they could set something up for the following weekend. Basically, she wanted Master to call her today to set something up for this weekend instead. When all that was going on we had completely forgotten that my dad had told us he wanted to come up this weekend to go to Halloween stores with us. He had also told me to call him Wednesday. (Today.)

So yeah. It's kind of a cluster fuck.

I knew that it was coming up and that today was Wednesday. I thought about it this morning when I got up to go to work. I made a mental note to call my dad when I got home from work. But after work I had a couple of errands to run and work had been hectic so it completely slipped my mind.

When I got home from work it didn't cross my mind once. I got relaxed and comfortable. Master and I shot the shit while He cooked dinner. We had literally just sat down and started watching Netflix when Master quickly paused it and said, "Oh shit.. You have to call your dad."

Fuck. So I grabbed the phone and called. He didn't answer so I left a voice mail. Since he didn't answer Master hopped online and shot her an e-mail to let her know that we're kind of just waiting on my dad before making any final decisions.

So we're kind of on pause right now. It honestly wouldn't bother me at all if it was just my dad we were trying to make plans with. My dad has always been one of a whenever type of guy. And I'm more than used to it. But it's now putting the shit with my mother-in-law on hold.

My dad hasn't called back. He might be just trying to relax or is sleeping. I know his back has been pretty bad lately. I haven't tried him again because I know he'll call me back when he can/wants to.

I don't really mind that the shit with His mother is on hold. Neither of us want to see her. But at the same time I know Master wants to get it done and over with. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll try my dad again tomorrow if I don't hear back from him tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment