October 1, 2013

October

It's officially October. You know what that means? Only thirty days until Halloween. Ya know, it still seems like it was a much bigger deal when I was a kid. But I still love it. There is just something about it that makes me so excited and happy. I have loved it since I was little. I'm talking like five or six. At least that's the youngest I can remember where I got more excited about picking out my Halloween costume than I did than the candy.

And I still love getting into costume and putting on make-up. I've never liked masks. Mainly because I can never really see out of the eye holes like you're supposed to. Plus, I don't like the way they smell. I would much rather put on make-up.

The past few years I haven't been able to do a lot. This year I want to put more thought into my make-up. I know I can't afford a new costume. But I already have two to choose from. I've worn them every year since I've bought them, but I love them both so why spend money I don't have to?

Master however needs a new costume. So we'll start shopping around for that soon.

We don't decorate here for any holiday. It's just the two of us, the dog, and the rabbits. The dog and rabbits don't give a damn so it makes no sense. No one tricks or treats so we also don't bother getting into costume up here. The only reason we have to put costumes on is when my dad does his haunted house. I'm really looking forward to it.

I don't know exactly when it is. I'm hoping it's not on Halloween itself because it's on a Thursday this year so I'd be at work and wouldn't be able to get down there until about 6:30pm. I'll have to check with Dad the next time I talk to him.

I'm so glad it's October. It's one of my favorite months of the year. It finally starts to smell like fall. The leaves are changing and falling from the trees. It starts to cool off more and more as the month goes on. (Or at least it's supposed to.) All of this leads up to my favorite holiday. How can I not love October?

No comments:

Post a Comment