October 6, 2013

Kid in a Candy Store

Today was a lot of fun. My dad got up here around 1:30pm. Master met him outside and he came in for a while. We talked and joked around for a while.

I had looked up directions to the Halloween store my dad wanted to go to. We kind of knew where it was because it was on the same street that it was on last year. It's one of those stores that are only open for the season and then shut down. They basically rent out the building for two or three months and then they are gone. I'm really, really glad I looked it up. It was on the same street yes.. but it was on the other side of town. Like I said I'm really glad I double checked. But one of the great things was it was only 10 minutes from our place. Last year it was about a half hour away. Another thing I got from going on their website was a 20% off one time coupon. I don't have a printer so I called. She told me that if I have a smart phone (which I do) I could just pull it up on that and show it to them at the register. Rock on.

So anyway, back to what I was saying.. My dad was here for maybe a half hour before we headed out. You could tell the minute he sat down that he was excited about going. They don't have this particular chain of Halloween stores down by him. And he was looking for one item in particular and the ones down by him didn't have them.

He didn't want to be rude though so he sat and talked. I was excited about going too though. We took his car. Like I said it was only 10 minutes from the house so we found it rather easily. The store was a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

The minute we walked in Master kind of took off. Not in a bad way. He was like a kid in a candy store too. He wanted to go look at masks. I stayed with my dad. I wanted to take my time and see all the things they had. Eventually we caught up with Master and He was looking at masks.

His original idea was to by Michael Myers for Halloween. But when He saw the masks they had He wasn't very impressed. He showed them to me and I had to agree. They weren't very well done. So He had to find something else. He found two scarecrow type masks. They both looked pretty damn cool and He was having a hard time deciding on which one. I was leaning more towards the second one but admittedly the first one was also cool.

Finally I just suggested that He try both of them on and look in a mirror they had set up. So He put on the first one and looked. While He was doing that I held the other one in my hand just in case. He said He liked it but felt that it didn't cover enough of the neck. So He tried on the second one and that was it. He immediately loved it. My dad thought it was pretty damn awesome too.

We must have walked around that store three times. Each time we found something cool as hell. It was like none of us wanted to leave. We were in there for a little over a hour.

I found a couple of things I wanted but they were all necklaces that I can't wear because of my damn nickel allergy. *sigh* Oh well.

Thankfully my dad found what he was looking for and also found some other things that he couldn't leave the store without. *laughs* I didn't need anything for my costume. I already have mine. All I will need is some make-up but I didn't need it right then and there and it'll only get cheaper the closer it gets to Halloween so no big deal. Master's mask though it was the last one and we didn't want to take the chance that it wouldn't be there when we came back. So that was a must have. Master even made a wire frame for it out of old wire coat hangers so it wouldn't lose it's shape.

I'm so excited! I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. It's so sad that here in Europe we don't have the same hype for Halloween! :-( Stores get 5 or 6 Halloween related items and that's it.. No Halloween specific store, not even on the big cities.. Some brave people do go out to bars and clubs in Halloween masks, myself included, but that's pretty much all that happens on october 31st...
    I would love to see your masks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you don't get to have as much fun with it. :( I'd be really sad knowing that I couldn't walk into a full on Halloween store once a year. As far as Master's mask, He didn't allow me to post His picture on here but I did find a link to the mask He bought and told me I could post it. So here you go: http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Ca-Dlx-Scarecrow-Mask/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really scary! And your husband being a tall/big guy it will be even scarier! :-D
    Would love to see yours too! If it's not too much bother... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah His height totally helps.. lol I don't wear masks. I never have, even when I was a kid. I prefer make-up. :)

    ReplyDelete