August 30, 2013

Waiting

If there is one thing that will drive both Master and I up a wall, it's waiting. Normally I'm a bit better about it than He is. Or at least I don't show it as much. I'm not saying that there aren't times where He is a lot more patient than I am. But today is not one of those days.

We have plans to meet up with my dad today. We were supposed to leave here a little after 1pm. Like I said in last night's post though things changed because my grandpa needed my dad's help. Completely understandable. That's not the part that's annoying. Not at all. The annoying part comes in when I had asked Dad what time he was heading out of Grandpa's and he said 4pm. I sent him a text at about 3:30pm just looking for an update. No reply. Okay cool. No problem.

Then, a little after 4pm I decided to call him. Maybe he didn't have his glasses or something and he couldn't read the text. I don't know. No answer. I left him a voice mail. I called again at 4:30pm. No answer.

Hm. Alright then. It's now a little after 5pm. Yes, I called him just before 5pm and no answer then either. So... no response to a text and no answer or call backs to three phone calls. I have a feeling that Dad left his cell phone at home, which totally defeats the purpose of having a cell phone I might add. But since he uses it more as a house phone I can easily see him leaving it at home.

I don't want to call my Grandpa's house because I don't know if Dad is still even there and if he's not Grandpa might be sleeping. For all I know Dad isn't there and he's on his way home or running an errand before going home.

My point is that it would be nice for a response of some kind. I am starting to think that my dad may call at and say we should move it to tomorrow. That would suck, especially after waiting all afternoon. We've gone down there a lot later than right now. Hell we've left here at 8pm before to go see him just because of schedules not meshing. But I would still like to know one way or another.

We've pushed off dinner because knowing our luck we'd either start cooking and he would call, we would leave the house to get some kind of fast food and he would call or we would get all the way to the point where we were about to sit down and eat and he would call. Yes, I know we could just eat and then go. But once we know we can head down we'd rather just up and go. Especially when we've been waiting like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment