August 19, 2013

Voice Mail

Today was a really rough day at work. Towards the end of the day though Master sent me a message. Apparently a place I applied to on Saturday had called the house phone and left a voice mail.

When I got home I called back, even though I knew they wouldn't be there. I just wanted to let them know that I received their phone call. I did stumble over my words a bit, so hopefully I didn't sound like a complete idiot. I just hate leaving a message for voice mail. I don't know why. Most likely because I'm afraid I'll stumble over my words. Which I did.

Master told me I sounded fine. So I'm probably making more out of it than I should. I did say in the message that I would be calling back tomorrow during my lunch break, which I take at 11:30am. I'm hoping I'll actually get a hold of someone.

One of the hardest things about looking for a job while you have one is making sure you can actually get a hold of people while you're at home or on your lunch break. I'm obviously not going to call them on my work phone while I'm clocked in. That would be very, very stupid of me.

It is only a little closer to home, but even a little bit is better than further out or the same distance. I have no idea how much they will pay for the position. One the job listing it said to be determined. I'm sure it goes almost purely on experience.

It's basically a data entry job. Which I would rock at by the way. I know I screw up in my blog posts but that's because it's not work. I don't really know how else to explain it. I can type up to 70wpm. I have no idea how fast I am at 10-key data entry. I've never been tested purely on that. But I'm still rather fast at that, I think.

I'm not getting my hopes up because while I'm excited that someone called me about a job, I still know that it will largely depend on how much they pay and whether or not it goes to an interview let alone an actual job offer. We'll just have to sit back and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment