August 24, 2013

Visualize

Since I made that post about moving I haven't been able to get it out of my head. And it's not about moving in general. It's about moving into my dad's place if he moves. I just can't stop thinking about it. I see it as if it's actually going to happen. As if I know it's going to happen even though it's an "if" and a "maybe" right now. I guess part of the reason why I'm seeing it more as if yes, it's going to happen is because of how my dad talked about it and seemed so relieved when we said yes. And also how he talked about it as if it were going to happen after the fact. Once he heard that we said yes he started talking about things he would leave behind and what things he would take with him. He started talking about how he would help move furniture and all that. He wouldn't be taking it all with him obviously, as she already has some things.

As a result, it's been swimming around in my head. It's actually gotten to the point where I am picturing where things will go once we start living there.

Dad already said his entertainment center would stay there but since we have a larger flat screen TV we wouldn't be able to use it. That was actually one of the things Dad said he would be leaving behind because it's so damn big. And he also said he would help us move it.He told us that he doesn't care if we redecorate. That, to me, sounds like he has pretty much made up his mind that he is moving and we'll be moving in there.

I also thought about how little furniture we have. I mean we have a two bedroom apartment. We'd be moving into a three bedroom home that has a lot more space to fill. We'd have to buy a few more pieces of furniture just so the place wouldn't feel so empty. Not right away obviously. And I'd have to wait and see what Dad ends up leaving behind. I only know a few items that he wouldn't be taking with him.

I also started to think about how we would have to keep an eye on the electricity and water bill. Paying an electric bill in an apartment and paying for one in a home is an entirely different situation. And I've never had to pay a water bill before.

My Dad did go into about how much he pays per month for both bills and how much the mortgage was so that we would have an idea of what kind of budget we were looking at. See what I mean about how it seems he has pretty much made up his mind? I mean, why even go into all that if he hadn't? I sure in the hell don't go rambling off how much my monthly bills are to other people. And he never has before, so simply because he went into all that it makes me thing that yes, this is going to a happen it's a matter of when.

Master can't get it out of His head either. We decided that we'll just start putting money aside for the move and for some padding. It makes sense either way. I mean, we wouldn't need to save up as much money if we were moving into my dad's place because there wouldn't be a security deposit or anything like that. But some padding is never a bad idea.

And if we don't move into my dad's place we still plan on moving. So the money will be needed one way or another.

Honestly though I don't even think about moving anywhere else anymore. I don't wonder or worry about finding a new place or what kind of neighborhood we'd be looking in. When I think about moving I immediately think about moving into my dad's place. I think about how it's going to be a pain in the ass to get some of our furniture in there. Only the couch and bed. Everything else should be relatively easy.

I don't plan on bringing it up to my dad though. I mean, if he does okay cool. But I know it's a little way off before he does move or she moves in with him. If he brings it up, I'll be more than happy to talk about it.

Master and I aren't telling anyone about it. Everyone knows we want to move. That's common knowledge. But no one has a clue about the possibility of us moving in there. And no one will until it is set in stone. Meaning that there is a date set for us to move. It just doesn't make sens until that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment