August 4, 2013

Family

As I had posted this past Friday, typically I do not like doing things on Sundays simply because it's the day before I have to go to work. But when it's family I'm much more willing to go and/or give in. I try my best to make it for Fridays and Saturdays but it doesn't always work that way. There have been times where either my dad, my mother, or my brother only had Sunday available and I've gone ahead and the visit was always fun.

Today we went down to see His brother. Originally, on Friday, I was a little disappointed about it simply because it was on a Sunday. But I didn't really bitch or anything like that. I really have a good time with His dad's side of the family.

And today was no different. It ended up being the two of us, His brother, his brother's wife, their three kids, His sister and a friend of His brother. It was a cook out and hanging out basically. The men went off and did man stuff and the girls stayed inside and dealt with the kids. That is kind of new to me honestly.

At His mother's if it came time for guys to go off and do guy stuff, I'd follow Master like a lost puppy. I didn't want to be alone with His mother. I never do.

But when it comes to His sister and His brother's wife I am completely comfortable.

It didn't stay that way the entire time. The men went off to cook the food on the grill. Then we were all eating in the living room and talking. And at some point His brother mentioned that he needed to get some branches off of a tree in his front yard so the men went off to do that while I stayed inside with the girls.

It never felt uncomfortable. It was actually a really good time. I truly feel perfectly comfortable around all of them. They are my family. They are my in-laws but I don't treat them any differently then I do my own family. Or at least I don't think I do. I don't feel like I do.

Unlike His mother where I say in-law like it's a bad thing.

We were there for a solid three and a half hours. By that point we needed to get home to take care of the dog and they needed to get their little ones settled in for the night. They are only 4 years old, 20 months old and 2 months old.

I hope we can see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment