August 1, 2013

Frustrated

Master suggested that I vent about my job during my blog post. I already vented to Him when I got home. I don't really know how much more venting I want to do, but I'll give it a shot. I had my review today. It was over four months late.

My job is like most others. You don't get any feedback what so ever until your work anniversary comes around and your review happens. It's just how it is, unfortunately. Well, this was for my four year anniversary with the company. And I could not believe how disrespectfully I was treated. It literally sickened me.

The company isn't doing all that hot right now. And as a result, they are picking at anything they can possibly think of. They were bringing up shit that just flabbergasted me. I am a damn good worker. I always give my best.

One of the things I didn't understand was that my supervisor was praising me and then in the same breath started criticizing me about small shit that he tried to make sound all big, bad, and important.

Then, he left the room and I was left with the HR rep. Oh joy. She's a cunt. I ended up getting a long speech about how the company isn't doing too well this year and that we "all need to step up more". Excuse me bitch? I have been busting my ass for this company since day one. And I have stepped up even more since we started letting people go.. Which I didn't even think was possible.

I won't go into all of the details but my raise was significantly less than I was expecting. Yes, I know a lot of people aren't even getting raises.

And honestly, that wasn't the part that severely pissed me off. It was the snarky tone in the HR rep's voice when she was talking to me. Add to that the fact that they have been using scare tactics on all of the employees for the past six to eight months.

It was right before my lunch break so I went out to my car and cried a little bit. Not our of sadness, but out of pure frustration.

I talked with Master and we agreed that I need to get out of there sooner rather than later. I am starting to have that feeling I had right before I jumped ship with my last job. It's a highly uncomfortable feeling. But with any luck, I'll find a new job soon.

I had already been applying here and there, but it was nothing serious. Well, now I'm buckling down. I applied to six jobs tonight. I'll be doing more hunting tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Kitten. I am working part-time at a place busting my ass for an insult of a paycheck. Putting up with both customers who believe every stereotype regarding African Americans that is portrayed on TV, 'higher ups' who are absolutely clueless, yet feel the need to act as if you are a child and they are the God's gift to humanity, and coworkers who seem to feel that my good mood is a threat to their very existence!

    I also am looking for something better, I never have had a part-time job in my life and this is not cutting it! It is a soul draining process. I wish you good luck on your endeavors and remind you to keep you faith and place a wall between those who give you grief at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I really appreciate that. I've hated jobs before.. but who doesn't? It's not so much that I hate this job, it's just the fact that the company isn't doing too well and as a result are trying to scare the hell out of all the employees. I have given them four damn good years and then they treated me like that. Hell no. I wish you luck in your job search.

    ReplyDelete