August 16, 2013

Theme of the Day

Today seems to have had a theme... Oddly enough.

After work I had some errands to run before going home. One of those themes was stopping by our landlord's office and dropping off our lease renewal. Well, when we got the renewal in the mail it had another piece of paper with it. That letter said that apparently you can transfer to one of their other properties. They have properties in Master's home town. So when I dropped off the rental agreement I first told the landlord that my first name is misspelled on the paper work. My first name is always fucking misspelled by people. But I've lived here for eight years... come on now. It was probably just a typo. She did apologize for it.

Anyway, I asked her if we would have to wait to transfer to a different property until the lease ended or if we could transfer during the lease. She informed me that we could transfer to a different property whenever we wanted. Coolness. She asked me when we were looking to transfer and I told her that I honestly didn't know and that right now it was just a thought we had and I wanted clarification on. If we were to move now my job would be twice as far which means twice as much in gas and twice as much wear and tear on the car. That's just not a good idea right now. I'd like to get a job closer to where we want to go first.

But at least I got some answers that I can keep in the back of my head.

The theme continued when we went down to see my dad, which is kind of weird.

He has been talking about moving in with his girlfriend eventually. This means him moving out of state. I know he's a grown man and he has every right to go wherever the hell he wants but I worry. Not only would it be one of those things where I wouldn't get to see him whenever I wanted but it's also one of those things where what happens if it doesn't work out? Where is he gonna go? He'd have to sell his home before moving so that means he would literally have to start from scratch. That scares me.

I'm not saying his relationship is going to fail, I truly hope it doesn't because he seems very happy, I just tend to think about those kind of things when something that big might happen.

But then they started going back and forth on whether he was going to move down there or she was going to move up here. That part kind of confused me because he keeps telling me that his back cannot take our winters much longer.

I think I know why they were talking about her moving here though. He doesn't want to sell his home. And he has that same worry about what if it doesn't work out.

Anyway, the conversation started like this.. (all that was back story)

We were sitting around having a good time when all of a sudden my dad got really serious. He also seemed nervous. So I asked him what was up. He had me a little worried for a moment.

Baiscally, he asked us that if he does in fact move down to where she is if we would take over his house. If he moves he wants us to move into his house and take over all the bills and pay the mortgage. Well, his mortgage is actually less than what we pay for rent. He got the place from his father (my grandfather) so it was dirt cheap.

Not only does he not have to sell the place, because it would stay in his name, but if something were to go wrong with his girlfriend he would have the ability to come back. If he doesn't ever move back we would just keep the place. He would also be able to store some of his stuff there that he wouldn't be able to take with him right away.

Well then... that was an interesting turn of events. I looked at my Husband and He very quickly nodded his head. So I told my dad that yes, we would move in and take over the payments and bills. My father seemed extremely relieved.

I've always loved that place. It's a three bedroom, two bathroom home that has a huge kitchen with an island. I fell in love with that place the first time I walked in there.

He told us that it wouldn't be happening for another year either way. It's all if this and if that right now. Which is fine. I'm not trying to make him move so I can move in there. But if he does move I'm more than happy to take it.

It also helps that whole worry of what would happen if he broke up with his girlfriend. I would know he would just move back in his place, with us, and we'd figure everything out from there.

So, we have the option of renting a place in Master's hometown lined up via our landlord. And now we have this possibility in my hometown via my dad. Master and I talked about it on the way home and we've basically decided that we are going to wait to move until my dad knows what he is going to do. We don't want to move twice inside of a year if we don't have to. Plus, we don't want to start putting our roots down there only to dig ourselves back up to move to my dad's place. Either way, whether we had already moved or not, we'd move into his place in a heartbeat. It's a home. Not a rental. Not an apartment. A home.

We'd be stupid to not take it. It's not like I'm hoping that he does move simply because we could move into his place. I am just saying that we would be stupid not to take him up on the offer if it does go that way.

2 comments:

  1. the house sounds promising. hope it works out for you & dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does. It's actually kind of hard not to get my hopes up on that. I just feel conflicted. I hope we get the house but at the same time I don't want my dad to move.

    ReplyDelete