August 8, 2013

All Work And No Play

Today was extremely draining. Just so much going on! Ugh. So yeah, I'm back into non-entertaining zombie mode. Welcome to a boring blog post brought to you by the letters F, U, C, and K.

Honestly, today just felt like I was moving through fog. I was getting shit done but I didn't feel focused. I feel really spread out right now. I don't really know what's up with me lately. I mean, I know I'm stressed out. Duh. But I don't know why I'm reacting in a way that makes me feel so... dull. Normally when I get home I can just let it run off my back like water and I'm fine. But for on and off for the past month or two it ebbs and flows into this dull sensation of just being a bump on a log.

Like I said before, it's not depression. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the stresses aren't just at work. As you can clearly tell from this post.So I guess it just ends up feeling like I don't have an escape. Ya know?

Stress across the board which means there is no hiding from it. As a result, I'm just shutting myself off every now and then to cope with it.

Whenever I feel like this I think of The Shining. Hence the blog post title. I'm not sure why. I mean I'm not going guano or anything. I'm not about to go find an axe and do a "Here's Johnny!".

My mind works in fucked up ways. As if that's a surprise to anyone. Anyone? No? I didn't think so.

It'll all calm down eventually. It has to. Maybe not all across the board but something will give. Something always gives. I just want to go back to feeling normal. Well, normal for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment