December 6, 2011

Blog Stalking!

Well, I decided I wanted to do a journal prompt today since my job is pretty much kicking my ass at the moment and I really don't want to just keep posting about that.

So, today's journal prompt is:

"Do you read other submissives’ journals and blogs? What do you learn from those you read? Do you compare your dynamic with theirs?"

Um, yes I do read other blogs that deal with a dynamic of one kind or another. *points to blog roll*

I think it would be kind of boring just typing away all the time on my blog but never go off to read others. I mean, I would still enjoy my blog. I would still enjoy writing. But I also like to peek in and see what others are doing too. No, I'm not a stalker. Honest. I've been reading blogs longer than I've had my own. It's actually how I first got interested in blogging and Master encouraged it.

I've been blogging since about 2007, so yeah.. I've been reading blogs for a while.

I'd say that I've learned and keep learning the fact that everyone's dynamic is ultimately different from anyone other dynamic you may come across.

I know that some people want to try and shove you into this little box and define how things should be. Not to mention that if you aren't doing it their way you are obviously wrong. I've learned that not so much from blogging but from social networks for kinky people. Slave Register and Fetlife being two of them. Master and I were both members of each of those at one time. We would browse the forums and what not. And it just seemed that everyone wanted to classify everyone else. You're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong. You're not a slave, you're a wannabe. You know, that sort of thing. It's like High School where you are in cliques. Jock, nerd, popular, shy, etc. It seems no matter what people want you to fit into a particular category and Gods help you if you try and blur the lines a bit. Holy hell.

Those are the main reasons Master and I are no longer members of those kind of social networks. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people going to such things, but it's just not for us. We have our own ways of doing things and that's how we like it. I identify as a slave and obviously Master identifies as a Master. The definitions, unless you're going to a dictionary, don't apply to everyone. What we consider to be our dynamic may not be recognizable to someone else as what we label it.

I also learn from other blogs in so far as sometimes it triggers an idea in my head. Something I may want to try or talk about. That sort of thing.

Do I compare out dynamic to others? Not really. I mean I look at things the way I look at things. I can't change my line of thinking to fit what I'm reading. But on the flip side of that coin, I don't judge anyone. I know their dynamic is different, I know their lives are different and who am I to say that they are wrong and I'm right? I simply just enjoy reading other blogs. I'm sure not everyone who stops by here to read understands with or agrees with what we have outlined as Master and slave. *shrugs* No biggie there.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you, as well you know from our talking. Lately I've been narrowing my blog reading down and away from those clique type blogs or the my way is the only way ones. I am totally okay "doing it wrong."

    ReplyDelete
  2. *enjoys trying to shove her into a little box with accompanying pokes and prods and giggles*

    ReplyDelete