December 20, 2011

Caffeine Is My Friend

I have been drinking more and more coffee at work. It actually surprises me how much I "need" these days to become fully functional while I'm at my job.

I used to be one of those coffee drinkers that only had one cup a day, maybe two. And even then I didn't want to drink more than that because it used to upset my stomach a bit. But it seems that you start building up some kind of tolerance after a while, much like alcohol. For instance, today I had four cups of coffee. And lately that's like the minimum. I think the most I've had in one work day was six cups. That was one of those days where I just could not wake up and focus. I had to keep drinking it to function, or at least it felt that way.

The odd thing is that it's not keeping me up at night. I thought it would. *shrugs*

Today was another frustrating day at the office. Not as bad as yesterday, but still.

Thankfully Master takes good care of me. Last night I was laying on the couch watching TV with Him. Normally my bedtime is between 11pm and 11:30pm.

But last night as soon as it turned 11pm Master was telling me to go to bed. I sighed a bit, but I knew that if He was sending me to bed at 11pm I must need the rest. Sometimes I don't really admit to myself how tired I am. And then there are the times where I don't even realize how tired I am until my head hits the pillow and I'm under the covers.

Master came into the bedroom and tucked me in though. When He tucks me in He has me get comfortable on the bed, makes sure my alarm is set and then He lays on top of the covers next to me and puts His arm around me. We lay like that for a little while with some light talking. Then eventually He kisses my forehead, tells me to sleep well and then goes back to the living room.

That's exactly what happened last night and as soon as I rolled over I passed out.

It's a good thing I have Him to take care of me, otherwise I'm 95% sure I would have run myself into the ground by this point.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee keeps me functioning. Though the whole "tolerance" thing does make me a bit sad lol.

    ReplyDelete