December 12, 2011

Update

Work was rough today. I tried to concentrate as best I could, but it wasn't really working. Thankfully my mother kept me up to date on everything. Grandpa actually ended up going into surgery an hour and a half early. This surprised me a bit.

She let me know when he was out of surgery and when he was in the recovering room. After that they moved him to his personal room. He was eating a few hours later. He didn't really want to, but since he is diabetic it really couldn't be helped. He will be staying the night for observation and as long as all is well they'll be sending him home early tomorrow afternoon. For whatever reason when I was told that the surgery went well I still wasn't able to fully relax. I was calmer than I had been, but I was still on edge about it.

I'm sure he'll be fine and I thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts. I'm still not really able to concentrate, so I'll just cut the post off here.

2 comments: