December 25, 2011

My Family

Today was the day to visit my side of the family. Due to the fact that we had multiple stops and we didn't want to get home late we headed out around 9:30am. We went to my mother's first. She loved her mug and her husband really liked his as well. I gave my brother one too. We sat around talking for a while and exchanged presents. We got a new set of pans, which we really did need, so that was greatly appreciated. My mom also gave me a fleece throw to cuddle up with on the couch. This will come in very handy for the nights that Master says it's okay to sleep on the couch until He goes to bed.

Much to our surprise my grandfather showed up. The one that just had a pacemaker put in. I felt bad though because I wasn't expecting him to be there, so I had simply mailed his card. He said it was okay and not to worry about it. He gave us a gift card to a local grocery store, which is always handy. One good thing about my family when it comes to the holidays, they buy practical things. Love it.

Another shock to the system was that shortly after my grandfather walked in the door my uncle, who I haven't seen in three years, strolls in. He's a cool, but weird guy. I gave him a big hug and he made a joke about not knowing who I am. Honestly, it's not abnormal to not see him for long periods of time. He is very much the kind of person who lives in his own world. As I said, he's just a very weird guy.

Now while the above may not sound odd to you, as far as seeing my grandfather and my uncle there, it is. This particular grandfather and uncle are on my father's side. My mother and father have been divorced for almost 12 years. My mother was part of the family since she was 15 years old. She was part of the family for about 23 years. My grandpa adores her and my uncle and her have always been good friends. So they still treat her like family.

My grandfather headed out and shortly there after we did as well. My brother came with us over to my dad's place. We were more than relieved when we realized that his girlfriend wasn't there. We sat around and relaxed for a while. We only stayed for a couple of hours though. After that we dropped my brother off and then headed home.

Once home Master put the stuff away (as usual my mother sent us home with tons of stuff for the apartment) and I took the dog out. Since then we have simply been relaxing at home. Master hasn't been sleeping a lot lately, and last night was no different. Needless to say, He's pretty tired after all this running on little to no sleep.

I'm just glad I have off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment