December 9, 2011

Long But Enjoyable Day

Today has been almost non-stop running. Although since it was such an enjoyable day (minus the cold weather) I can't complain.

When I got up this morning to go to work I noticed that Master was not in bed. I figured He was just in the bathroom or something, but it turns out He was sitting on our couch with the dog, reading a book. Apparently He had a really bad case of insomnia last night. My poor Master. I know how much insomnia sucks and I also know it's not healthy. He's had this for at least three weeks. He hasn't been able to get more than a few hours of sleep at a time. However, He was kind enough to take the dog out for me, which was really sweet of Him.

He went back to bed shortly after I got up. I got ready for work and thankfully the whopping four hours I was there went by at a decent rate. The ride home kind of sucked. Traffic on the interstate was fine, but as soon as we got on city streets it got clogged up. As a result I was home 15 minutes later than usual. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but we were meeting my father-in-law for lunch at 1pm. I got home at 12:45pm. So I basically walked in the door to announce I was home, Master tossed on His jacket and off we went. Amazingly we were still there on time.

Lunch was a blast. My father-in-law has a lot of stories to tell about himself and his extended family. It's great. There is never an awkward silence. We were there for about an hour and a half before having to say goodbye. He always gives me a nice big bear hug. *smiles*

It's always kind of funny though because he has to bend down so far to hug me. He's taller than Master, and that's saying something. I'm 5ft 1inch. Master is 6ft 4inches and His father is 6ft 6 inches. I am surrounded by giants.

After we said our goodbyes Master and I had some errands to run. We went to the store to check off some of the presents we need to buy for people. The store was of course packed, but even with that we were still out of there relatively quickly. We ran to another store, got what we needed there and then hit Walgreens.

After that, we were finally able to go home. I think we got back about 5pm. Since that point though Master has allowed me to be lazy and comfortable. He said He is going to work on my lower back tonight, which I'm looking forward to. And He's also giving me the day off from taking the dog out tomorrow. Bonus!

So, like I said, it's been a long but enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment