December 10, 2011

Holiday Shopping

Tis the season to spend money. Well, even though our finances are usually tight, thankfully on this past paycheck we had more than usual. That's always a good thing. Apparently working my ass off has paid off a little bit.

But even still, I'm one frugal bitch, let me tell ya. The past few years Master and I have been getting all the adults in the family the same thing. By that I mean they all get the same present. Two years ago everyone got holiday themed coffee cups. Last year they all got holiday tins with a lot of candy in them. This year? Well this year I kind of combined the two. All the adults are getting a holiday themed coffee mug with candy in it. Not very creative, I know, but I think they'll like them.

I got my nephews some toy cars, the same amount of cars so they can't fight over them. We got Master's niece a coloring book and crayons. We got his nephew (who is literally only a month old) some little booties with puppy dog faces on them and a fleece blanket. I also bought some things we needed for around the house, tape and gift wrap.

After a few more stops I had picked up my medication, soda, dog food and rabbit food.

I had gone shopping by myself. Master wasn't feeling good this morning and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to get the running done. Plus, I was able to take advantage of the situation. Master had said that He didn't want me to get Him anything for the holidays. It wasn't an order though, so I ignored it. *smirks*

He has been missing a video game that He use to have, so I went to the video game store and picked that game up. Granted it's a used copy, but it's not like He cares as long as it works. It's Splatter House. He had traded it in a while back to get a different game He wanted, but recently He has been talking about it quite a bit. So I was sneaky and picked it up for Him.

When I got back home Master helped me bring everything in and put everything away. I had sneaked the game in by putting it in a different bag. I made sure that He didn't touch the bag. Once it was all said and done I told Him that He had to sit down. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I said "Master, sit down and close Your eyes please."

Again He gave me that look of, "What have you been up to?", which was kind of cute. He sat down, closed His eyes and looked impatient. I took the game out of the bag that I had buried it in and placed it in His hands. I said "Happy Holidays" and He opened His eyes. It was like He was a little kid getting a holiday present early. That put a big smile on my face. He put it in almost immediately and has been rocking out on it since.

So 95% of the holiday shopping is done. I couldn't figure out what to get His two little sisters. One is 14 and the other is 10. Yeah, His dad had his last child at the age of 50. All told Master has one brother and three sisters, all of them younger than Him.

But since I know we won't be seeing His dad again until January, I figured I had time to figure it out later.

Now I'm just relaxing and enjoying the rest of my Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Shop a day or two after Christmas and enjoy the 50% sales, for his dad and sibilings =-) Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, good point! I just wanted to make sure that we had His niece and nephew knocked out.

    ReplyDelete