December 17, 2011

Jealous

My brother and I sent texts back and forth today. He sent me a text this morning (my brother hates to talk on the phone) stating that he had gotten up the money to get a tattoo when he comes up. His exact words: "Are you excited to watch me suffer?" Why yes, yes I am. *smirks* And not because he's my baby brother. Well, my baby brother who will be 27 years old soon. There are only 22 months between us. My mom and dad wasted no time apparently.

Ever since I started getting tattoos, which was 10 years ago, he has been wanting one. I got my first tattoo shortly after my 18th birthday. In the past 10 years I have "collected" 11 tattoos. I plan on collecting at least one more. I would like to make it to 13 though. Why? I'm not sure. I'm sure there is some kind of weird twisted part of my brain that thinks it'd be cool, simply because it's the number 13.

Anyway, like I said he has been wanting to get inked for at least 10 years. When I got mine at 18, he couldn't wait to turn 18 and get one.

Unfortunately he was never able to do that until now. I know he's a little nervous about it and I don't blame him for that. Most people are. But since my first one I have become addicted. As soon as I get my next one (which is finally planned out completely) I plan on starting to get touch ups on the ones I have that could use it.

But back to my brother. He is excited and he wanted to make sure that my Husband and I are there when he gets his first one. As I said I have 11 tattoos and Master has 6. So my brother trusts us and he feels it will be a bonding experience on some level. Plus, since he's nervous I'm sure he wants us there for moral support basically.

The title of the post is, I'm sure, rather obvious. I won't have the money to get ink; and I thought it would have been fun for us to get ink at the same time. But, I don't want to blow our budget out of the water, so I'll wait.

I'm being responsible instead of impulsive. I hate it, but I'm doing it. (Damn responsibility is standing in the way of one of my addictions!)

So in three weeks my brother will be visiting and we'll be taking him to get inked. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment