July 4, 2011

Well Hello There!

Hopefully you have found me by hopping on over from my former blog. All the old posts are here. Well, 99% of them. Some of the stuff from 2007 didn't transfer over because the file was too large. But honestly, you aren't missing much. I didn't post a lot back then, unlike these days where I blog daily.

 One thing that I am very happy about regarding the move is that it isn't so... limiting. I actually paid a yearly fee at WordPress in order to do customer CSS and I could not upload templates. I could only use what they had, regardless of the fact that I was in fact paying in order to customize my site. Oh, but now they had these "premium themes" that you could pay an arm and a leg for. *rolls eyes* Along with some other things that have recently come to light, I decided to jump ship over to Blogger. Which, oddly enough, is where my blog started. I honestly forgot why I moved it to WordPress. I would have saved a lot of time, trouble and headaches if I had just kept my tail here.

Since I'm a nerd, one thing that I totally forgot about with Blogger is that you can customize CSS and upload templates that you have downloaded from a different source. How awesome is that? And I don't have to a pay a penny. That is how I got the theme I used over on WordPress. I am still tweaking some things as my blog just moved today, but I'll get there.

I posted over on my WordPress blog one last time so people could find me and not think that I had fallen off the face of the Earth. I have also updated my link on my Twitter account. Please update your bookmarks and/or links on your blogs so that it comes here.

4 comments:

  1. glad to see you made the switch as well! welcome to blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waves* I had to move too. Not fun. I'm totally new to blogger so if I get stuck I may have to come pester you :)

    Out of curiosity how did you get your stats to transfer over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. just curious...how did you transfer your blog stats over???? I just noticed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. And I didn't really transfer them. I cheated. *lol* I found a free counter that just gives you an html link to put in. The one I used allowed me to enter the number I wanted it to start at. I found it here: http://www.freebloghitcounter.com/signup

    ReplyDelete