July 24, 2011

Cheap Date

We were talking about dating and dates and all this other stuff relating to it today. Why? We were watching a TV show that was talking about how romantic things can be and how expensive such things are.. etc. Master and I have been together for 8 years and quite honestly aside from our honeymoon and concerts, none of our "dates" have ever gone over $60. This also excludes any that revolve around our anniversary or our birthdays. I'm talking normal, day to day, type dates. Such as a married couple having a date night. You know, that kind of thing.

So yeah. Never over $60 and that's with us doing dinner and a movie. The most expensive restaurant we've ever gone to is Applebees. Well, unless His mother drags us somewhere and she is the one footing the bill. But again, that doesn't count. So for $60 we go to a movie, get snacks and soda, then go to dinner after.

I can honestly say that the only times we have spent more than that is if we do dinner and a bar. But that's not just us going out. That's at least one friend, if not more hanging out. So that's not a date. We used to go to strip clubs but to me that was not a date.

So yeah, we're rather cheap dates. But we're okay with that. We're not ones for expensive restaurants and then going to the theater after type people. I could see us going to a play or musical but not very often at all. Plus it would have to be something we both really wanted to see, much like a rock concert.

I did tell Master that sometimes I wish I could go out and buy a new slinky and sexy dress, then go to a salon and have my hair styled and maybe even have them do my make-up (but not going overboard), come home, surprise Him and then us just go out. Maybe one day, when our finances are more stable we may do that. And it would be something very new for us and after eight years it would be really nice to do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a cheap date too. I love going out and getting take out and coming home, curling up with bossman and watching watching a movie. Him and I alone and I'm good.

    But, for actual go out dates... I'm still low maintenance, not huge on going to the expensive, fancy places. Cael likes to on occasion...but he can afford it... I've never really been able to so it's something I have to adapt to. Not a hardship but I'd still rather stay home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's where Master and I are getting as well. We used to go out whenever we had the money to do it. In fact, we used to go out to eat every Friday. I kind of miss that, but we could always just order in a pizza and watch movies too for less money. We do that every weekend, so that's like our new date night. Some people may think we're like an "old married couple" but we just find a lot of joy in the little things.

    ReplyDelete