July 18, 2011

Slave or Wife?

July 18th, 2011

There is a lot of stress going on right now. I'd rather not go into it, in fact I'm trying to take my mind off of it for a little while. So I thought I would hop online and do my blog post. I looked through some journal prompts but nothing really struck my fancy. So I've come up with my own little topic of conversation.

Some of the slaves/subs who read my blog are also married to their Owners. Others are engaged and then there are the ones who "dream of" being married to their Owners. I'm not poking fun at anyone what so ever, I'm just opening the discussion up for this topic.

As I'm sure most of you know, I am married to my Master. Master Coyote as He goes by here on my blog. We have been married for going on 4 1/2 years.

What I'm curious about is this...

If your Master were to give you an ultimatum of you can either be His slave or His wife... which would you choose? He is telling you that you can no longer be or never can be both. For the sake of argument lets just go with the scenario that either you are engaged to or already married to your Master. Also for the sake of argument lets say that He is not letting you know which He would prefer. This choice is entirely up to you and which ever you choose is the one that is going to happen. Let's also say that if you chose wife he would not take on a slave. If you were His slave, He would not take on a wife. No matter what He would be with you and only you unless your relationship was already based on having other people involved.

So, if you are already married and you chose slave, you would have to get a divorce but you would continue to be His slave. Your wedding ring would come off (or engagement ring) but the collar and other slave "trinkets" would remain. On the flip side of that coin if you were to choose wife, your wedding ring and/or engagement ring would stay on but your slave "trinkets" would come off.

So... which do you choose? (Feel free to comment on this post with your answer. I would find it quite interesting.)

Okay, so onto my answer. I absolutely love being Master's slave. I also absolutely love being His wife. So quite honestly this would be an extremely difficult situation for me. I would cry, I would beg, I would get angry, I would break down. But I know that if this is really what Master had decided, to leave this decision up to me, I would eventually have to come around and make a decision.

However, this idea has been running through my head all day because I had looked through the journal prompts before I went to work. Since none of them struck me as something I wanted to post about today I started trying to think of a topic to blog about. This is the one I came up with. As a result, I've also been trying to think of my answer to said question.

This is what I came up with. If this is how it has to be, as much as I treasure my collar and cuff, I would choose my wedding ring. I would choose to be His wife. That may sound surprising to some. However, there is a good reason why I would choose to be His wife. First of, the legal ties that we have help both of us for extreme situations. Not to mention that would also mean I get to keep His last name, which in my eyes is one of the top signs of ownership.

I may be younger (I'm 28) but I was raised with some "old world" ideas thanks to my grandparents and my Oma and Opa. Parts of these "old world" ideas center around how marriage should be. The things I learned was that while it may not always work this way the wife is mainly "subservient" to the husband. Sometimes however, when it is at home and they are the only ones there things can be said and/or talked about that throws the dynamic out the window. However, even with that the husband usually gets final say. This was the way the marriages of my Oma and Opa (who were actually my great grandparents but that's what we called them) and my Grandma and Grandpa worked. You kept your arguments and fights at home. You didn't bring it into public view. You waited until you got home and handled it then. Etc and so on.

So, you see, I could technically have both. I know that no matter what kind of relationship Master and I have we both were raised with some old world trains of thought although from different backgrounds. Mine is mainly German with some Polish. Master's is mainly Sicilian with some Polish. So, with that in mind, parts of our dynamic would remain intact. Where as if I were to choose the slave part, I would lose my ring and I would lose His last name. (He had made it very clear before our wedding that if anything should ever happen and we get a divorce I must go back to my maiden name because if there was a divorce I was no longer a part of that family and there for should not hold that name. It makes perfect sense to me.)

So there is my choice. Much of it has to do with knowing how our family influences would effect how we interacted within our marriage anyway. So yeah, it's a bit of a cop-out but... there it is.

As I said earlier in the post I would really find it interesting to hear your thoughts and choices on such, so please feel free to comment!

4 comments:

  1. Gotta say, I'd agree with you. Cael is naturally dominant with me and I'm naturally submissive with him. Even when we were just friends that is how we reacted with each other, so just being his wife as opposed to his slave as well would still have those elements for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling there would be others who agreed. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr I have to choose?!?
    That would be SO difficult. I, like you, would break down.
    Ultimately I would choose wife over slave but ONLY for everyone *else's* benefit. Since choosing slave would make me the happiest, that was my first thought. I NEED our dynamic. It is therapudic for me in MANY ways. Unfortunately no one would really be able to understand much (as far as vanilla) if I were to get divorced (insert: AGAIN). My kids would suffer tremendously. For that reason (and legal reasons like you) I would have to choose wife.
    But- I would be very, very unsatisfied without our dynamic.
    As a side note- I'm German as well though I do not know anyone on that side (my father's).
    ~viemoira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! It's always interesting to see how other people feel about a subject like this.

    ReplyDelete