July 7, 2011

Pushing Myself

Although this is only a 2 1/2 day work week, it is kicking my ass. I only have a four hour work day tomorrow, thankfully. But yesterday and today have kicked my tail. I came back to quite a bit of work waiting for me after my four day weekend. Since I carpool to work I have no say in what time I get to work (as long as it's on time) and I have to leave on time as well. So that leaves my lunch hour and cranking out as much work as I possibly can.

Yesterday I only took a 15 minute lunch. Today I took a 20 minute lunch. My lunch "hour" is normally 45 minutes long. And I do not get small breaks during the day. No 15 minute breaks. Just an extended lunch.

But since I was cutting my lunches so short I was busting my ass all day yesterday and all day today without much down time to speak of. As a result tonight I'm tired and sore. I feel worn out and it's only been two days of work. Sometimes I think I push myself too much at work. But I want to do a good job, I want to make a good impression. I want to keep my job and I figure the best way of doing that is to do as much as I can the right way every time. Yes I make mistakes, obviously. But they are minor and few and far between.

As a result, I bust my tail and sometimes it bites me in the ass. (No pun intended.) Tonight is one of those nights. I feel worn out and just kind of blah.

Although tomorrow is looking promising. I only have a four hour work day. Shortly after I get home Master and I are meeting His dad for lunch. We haven't seen him in a few months now so it'll be fun to catch up. After that the car goes in for an oil change. Then? Nothing. We can just chill and have a good time. Saturday we are going down to spend time with my mother. So that should be fun as well.

Well I've spent about 9 hours typing on a computer today at work. So I think I'll cut it short right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment