July 28, 2011

Back In Time

Master and I have talked about this subject a few times. It's just something interesting.

You all know how the unemployment rates are, I'm sure. And yes, I know they are worse in some areas and better in others. That's just how it goes.

There was a time where women were the domestic one. They stayed at home, cooked, cleaned, etc. The men folk went to work. That's how things worked. Women didn't work often, and if they did it was secretary work or something related to such. There were a lot of jobs that only men did back in the day.

So.. what if all of a sudden the US went back to those times? Would it help the unemployment rate? I mean, you're damn near taking half the work force out and putting them into house work.

I wonder if it would change anything. I know a lot of women would be offended by the very thought that they would be "stuck in the house" while their man went off to work. I get that. Hell I work a full time job and I am not domestic at all. But, if we were raised with that... if that's what we knew.. it wouldn't be such a system shock. I wouldn't mind it at all. Especially if I had grown up knowing that I was going to be a house wife. I would have been taught all the things I needed to know. All the little tips and tricks of saving a buck on house work and how to save time doing it.. all that sort of thing. Sometimes I try to think of how it would be if I were a house wife. I'd get up, make Master's lunch, see Him off to work. Then I would clean and go grocery shopping and cook. (I don't know how to cook well but Master wants to start teaching me. We're going to start with breakfast foods.) Then when Master gets home I would have dinner ready and enjoy the evening with Him.

I know there are plenty of down sides to being a house wife as well, but I think I would enjoy it. Right now I work full time and it's a good job. But sometimes, I dream of just giving up working and being a stay at home wife or at most just having a part time secretary job. But that's not how things work anymore.

Hell Master has said He wishes we would go back to the barter system.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, even though I'm in college and working towards a degree, there's really nothing more I want than to be a 'hausfrau' and keep a home for my man to come back to after work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college as well. I didn't get my degree, but I enjoyed it. And while I may complain about working it does feel like I'm accomplishing something. But I believe I would find it just as satisfactory staying at home and not having to work.

    ReplyDelete