March 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today is our anniversary. We got married on our "dating" anniversary. It makes it easier to remember the date, it makes it easier to celebrate it all at one, and it's easier to explain to people how long we have been together vs been married. Not to mention the fact that it means a lot to both of us to have gotten married on our anniversary. Hell we got married on a Wednesday just to make sure we were married on our anniversary. Believe me, a lot of people were not happy about it since that meant they had to leave work early. Well too bad. If you don't care enough to not gripe about taking off work, we don't want you there.

*coughs* Anyway..

As of today Master and I have been together for eight years and married for four of them. Funny how when we first starting dating people said we wouldn't make it past a year.

So... eight years together. That means I've been submitting to Him for 7 1/2 years, as far as out of the bedroom goes. I don't count the in bedroom portion strictly because that was more or less just really kinky sex. It's amazing to think back on it all. We've had ups that were really up, downs that were deep and dark, and everything in between. We've been through so much together, some of it self-inflicted but most of it being things out of our control.

Last night after sex Master and I sat and talked for a little while. It was just past midnight and so I turned to Master and said, "Happy Anniversary!"

He smiled and said, "Not yet."

I looked at Him kind of funny. That was not the response I was expecting. So I said, "Yes it is. It's past midnight. Technically it's the 21st."

His reply? "Nope, we didn't go on our first date until about 5pm and as far as the wedding goes, we didn't get married until 3:30pm."

I laughed and said "Master," in a teasing tone.

He chuckled and finally said, "Happy Anniversary Kitten."

Master knows how much I love Him, how much I appreciate all the shit He's put up with and gone through in order to be by my side and see me through thick and thin. I have done the same, although not always as gracefully as I would have liked. But what matters is that we're both still here, both still very much in love, still having fun, still hot for one another and still giving a simultaneous middle finger to anyone who tries to fuck with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment