March 24, 2011

Playing Hooky - Kinda

I had scheduled to take tomorrow (Friday) and Monday off of work. Why? Well I haven't had a day off that wasn't a holiday or a blizzard in a while. In other words, I wasn't on my own schedule. I was on my job's schedule. Now don't get me wrong. I love my job. It's annoying sometimes, but I really do find my job interesting. And that's rare these days. But still, it's nice to take time off just because you want to.

Now, it was my own fault. I had ran out of vacation/personal time three months prior to my time renewal. But still. It's nice to finally have it back.

So this whole week has been dragging ass. Why? Because I knew damn well that I had a four day weekend coming up. And I was busting my tail trying to make sure all of my work was caught up so I wouldn't be totally slammed on Tuesday. Well I did too good of a job. I was out of work by 1:30pm. And I was supposed to be there until 5pm. Ugh.

So I got a little restless and I called Master. I asked if He would be willing to pick me up early. He said sure thing. So I asked my supervisor if I could leave at 3:30pm and he said that wouldn't be a problem. Yay for an extended weekend getting extended even further! Now granted it's only a couple of hours, but it still counts!

So that's why I put the "Kinda" part in the title. I'm playing hooky, but not really because it was prearranged. I'm still enjoying it and I get more time with Master! Yay!

All I know for sure is that I am sleeping in tomorrow. I'm sleeping in on a Friday. That is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment