September 4, 2010

Verily

A while back my mother had scored some free tickets to the local Renaissance Fair. She couldn't decide if she wanted to use them or not. Well this is the last weekend that you could use them so she asked if we did. I said sure. Why the hell not, I've never been there before. Plus, it's free.

So Master and I went down there, and visited for a little while. I warned my mom that my brother (who is currently living with her) may not be too happy with me.

He had sent me a text on our way there, and continued texting back and forth with me for a little while. No big deal right? Well it wouldn't have been, except for the fact that he was at a god damn job orientation. So I texted him one last time, after I realized he was actually still there, and told him that he shouldn't be texting while at a job orientation unless he's on a break.

He hadn't texted me back. So I'm sure he was none too happy with me.

We visited for a little while, got the tickets, said goodbye and headed out.

Just so y'all know, we weren't in costume of any kind. Unless you count jeans and a t-shirt a costume.

We walked around, and saw all the shops. We also saw a really cool predatory bird show.

We must have walked that place a good three or four times, just looking around. We were looking for some good walking sticks, but we weren't about to pay $60 for one.

I was honestly surprised by how many people broke character. Like one of the vendors started talking about an Alice Cooper concert with Master, cause Sir was wearing an Alice Cooper t-shirt. I was like, "Seriously?" But then there were others that were die hards about it, and they were some what interesting.

On the way out we stopped at one more shop. One that sold quartz. Master and I both love quartz, and find it very beautiful.

Well they had these small clear quartz skulls. Master pointed them out to me. He knows I like that sort of thing. I'm not a goth, or emo, or anything of that nature... I just like skulls. Yeah. I'm a bit odd.

So anyway, we looked around the store and I kept coming back to the box these quartz skulls were in. Eventually I decided, screw it, I'm getting one!

I asked Master to help me pick one out. Eventually we settled on one I should get, paid for it, and left the fair.

I have no idea where to put it. But I love it.

Here is a picture of one similar to the one I have:



That's not the exact one I have, just a picture of one that is similar which I found online. I'm glad I searched online though, because I found a website that sells these! And other types of quartz skulls! Master said that I may start my own collection of them, and that He'll help me build them up over the years.

He's been wanting me to start a collection for the longest damn time. Like, since we started dating.. *giggles* He has Boba Fett memorabilia and blades. So I always have choices when it comes to "What should I get Him for insert occassion here?"

Where as He has always had to sit and wonder, and I normally don't have a clear thing that I actually want.

Now I do. I love quartz. And I think that the quartz skulls are fucking awesome. So it seems that I unknowingly started a collection today. And I'm actually pretty excited about it. Now I have something to keep an eye out for. I have something to build on. And I have something to save up for that won't end up with me going, "Well I have it.... now what?"

So I'm very excited, and Master seems very pleased by this. He enjoys my happiness. And I love that about Him.

Now I just have to decide where to put it. And what kind to buy next! There are so many possibilities.

I've wanted a collection of skulls for the longest time. But I didn't want the hokey Halloween ones. I didn't want the Celtic design ones either. I mean, they look interesting, but .... eh. Then the last thing I could think of were Day of the Dead skulls. Which are also interesting, but again... I couldn't really see myself having a collection of them.

But quartz skulls? Awesome! And they don't necessarily have to be quartz. I mean, any crystal would be interesting, and unique. So I guess I should clarify that I will be collecting crystal skulls. Human shaped skulls that is. Not the animal ones.

And now that I've rambled on for about 700 words or so about crystal skulls, I'm sure some of you are staring at your screens wondering why the hell you read this blog. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment