September 2, 2010

Bracing Myself for the Weekend

It seems that when things actually happen, they all happen at once.

Tomorrow is my half day at work, which is awesome. So I will be home before 1pm, and be able to spend some extra time with my Hubby. Then, in the evening, we are having dinner with His mother, her husband, her husband's son, and his son's fiance. My mother-in-law's husband is originally from a different state, and only moved down here to be with her. So all of his family is of course, still in his home state.

They are coming down for the weekend, and for one reason or another want to see us. So that's how dinner came about. I am honestly not sure how the night is going to go, but I'm going to do my best to have a good time.

Then Saturday we have free tickets to go to a local fair, and I'm hoping to have  little spare cash, but I'm not sure how likely that is since we have to pay rent tomorrow.

Yesterday, I had called my father. I haven't talked to him since Father's Day. So... June? But yesterday was his birthday, and even though he doesn't always call me on mine, I like to be the better person and remind him that I remember his. I actually caught him at home which some what surprised me. We caught up a bit. He lost his job, but has another one.. although it's part time, it's still something. I told him about my transfer at work, and he sounded surprised.

I don't think he ever thought I'd ever make much of myself. But to me, my job is pretty damn good and more than I even thought I'd do job wise. So needless to say, I'm proud of myself. So while he sounded surprised, he also sounded happy for me. Although it's hard to tell. I do love my dad, I just don't agree with a lot of the things he does, or doesn't do. I think that sometimes it pisses him off a bit that I have done more with myself than he ever did with himself. I could be wrong on that, but it feels that way sometimes.

Anyway, while we were talking he asked when he could come visit us. That took me for a loop because he never wants to come up here. He always wants us to come to him. So I asked him to hold on for a minute and talked to Master about it. We decided that this Sunday would be best, in case Master does get that job he's going to hear about next week. So I told my dad that, and he said he would call me tomorrow or Saturday night to let me know if he would be able to or not.

So out of my 3 1/2 day weekend, it sounds like the only day we don't have anything planned is Monday. On the one hand that's a very good thing, because it will hopefully help with Master's restlessness. And on the other hand it feels like everything is happening at once, which kind of sucks.

The only thing I don't like about the possibility of my dad coming up on Sunday, is that he'll be bringing his girlfriend... who I can't fucking stand. But since she'll be in our house instead of us being in her's... it should be more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment