September 5, 2010

Today Went By Quickly

Master and I slept in a bit today. Well, more than we intended to anyway. No big deal though. We got up, got ready for the day and then went and got the rabbits food and litter for their cages. We also ran a couple other errands while we were out and about.

Shortly after we got back my dad called to say he and his girlfriend were on their way. Master and I tidied up a bit and it seemed to take forever from them to actually get here. You can tell my dad doesn't come up much though, because he didn't remember what apartment we live in, so he called on his girlfriend's cell phone and had me meet him outside.

It felt awkward. I miss my dad's last girlfriend. He was with her for 10 years. And we all liked her a lot. But this new girlfriend of his? Yeah. Not so much.

We tried to go out to the mall, not realizing that it closed early on Sundays. Master and I don't spend a lot of time at the mall, so we had no idea what so ever. So we came back, picked up some pizza for dinner, and sat around, talked and ate.

While talking though I learned something interesting. My dad and this new girlfriend have apparently been together for a year. Why is that interesting? Oh, because him and his last girlfriend only broke up earlier this year. So yeah. Apparently he was cheating on her for a while. But that's my dad's way of doing things it would seem. He cheated on my mom for about a year before asking her for a divorce, and then cheated on that girlfriend for about 6 months before breaking up with her. Why this new woman thinks she'll be immune from that when he decides it's over I don't know.

But whatever.

They stayed until about 9pm. After they left I took my bath and am now in some lingerie for Master. It seems like this day was over in the blink of an eye though. Hopefully tomorrow goes much slower, before a new work week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment