September 15, 2010

Hookey

Today I played hookey from work. I had honestly stressed myself out quite a bit last night about that whole "Do we take the car or don't we?" thing. And the other stresses of life just kind of overwhelmed me. So I had decided last night, before I had calmed down completely that I was not going to work today.

I was stressed, I'm nervous about my first therapy appointment which is this Friday, and just... worn out.

So I decided that I could use an extra day off of work. Master agreed, so I took the day off.

I got up to take the dog out early in the morning, and then went back to bed for a while.

Master woke me up around 11am and we started our day.

We took Radar for a car ride down to the pet store to get him some dog food, and then came back home. That was the extent of our adventures today. And it's felt wonderful. My stress levels went way, way down and I feel pretty relaxed today.

Master and I watched movies, we both dicked around online and I read quite a bit. Master has allowed me to be lazy, and I greatly appreciate that.

My brain is starting to think of plans though.. plans that are long term and are going to take effort.

As I said in last night's post, I want a lot for us. Not for me, but for us. I am not the selfish type, and I think saving up for or spending money on things that would benefit us both is more important than anything I could possible want.

Such as a newer vehicle. I figure in about 6 months to a year, we'll be able to do that. Not a second vehicle, although that would be nice, just.. a newer one.

The other things are more just to replace things around the apartment that need replacing. Not anything really big, just small things. The computer being one of them. A new TV as well. And to go with the new TV, a new entertainment center. Why? Cause the type of TV that Master wants is not going to be able to fit on the entertainment center we currently have.

You know, things like that.

And then the other thought that popped into my head today was cleaning out the storage bin we have. It's mainly empty boxes, from way back when Master first moved in here, which was almost 7 years ago. Part of what sparked that was watching a couple of episodes of Hoarders today on Netflix. Trust me, we are no where near that level. In fact we don't hoard anything. We routinely go through our closets and cupboards and throw things away. In fact just this past week I went through our bedroom closet and my drawers in our dresser and threw clothes away that I never wear. Believe it or not it was a trash bag and a box worth of clothing. I don't really buy clothes often, but I get a lot of hand me down stuff from my mother, because we're close to the same size. And then it just piles up after a while. So about once every few months I go through all my clothes and start tossing stuff. Last winter we went through the hall way closet and tossed stuff as well.

But that damn storage bin in the basement of the apartment complex has not been touched. There is no direct way outside from the basement. So you have to lug whatever it is to the stair case, take a very sharp turn, go up the stairs, take two more sharp turns and then finally reach the main door. From there you have to drag it down the walk way to the dumpster. So we've just left it. Out of sight, out of mind, kind of thing. But I talked to Master and He said we could clean it out this weekend, which oddly enough makes me very happy.

Then I also started thinking about how I don't really have a schedule for cleaning, and I think I need one. I mean yeah, I'm tired when I get home from work and I just want to relax. But if I make a schedule it won't seem like such a huge undertaking. Cause I could do it a room at a time, or a section of a room at a time.. or something. Instead of, "Great, it's the weekend.. now I have to clean the whole apartment! Fuck!" ... or ... "Oh shit people are coming over, hurry up and get this place spotless!"

Our apartment is not dirty. Not in the least. But my domestic diva side is um... well... non-existent. And I think I need to work on that. Not only with the routine cleaning and what not.. but, dare I say it? Cooking. Holy shit I said it... er... typed it.

I don't know how to cook. Master cooks, always. And He's a great cook. (I almost typed great cock... which is true.. He has a great cock...) But then I started thinking to myself, if He gets this job, He'll be gone before I get home.. and won't be back until long before I'm supposed to be asleep. And frozen pizza or waffles every night He works is not a good diet. Plus, I'm sure He wouldn't mind if I tried to cook for Him every once and a while. So... maybe I could learn some things from Him.. or look into simple receipes on my own that are inexpensive...

Basically what it boils down to is that I want to become more domestic instead of not-so-jokingly calling myself "domestically challenged". I don't know if it's because I'm getting closer to 30 or what.. (I'll be 28 in about 6 months.) And part of it, I'm sure is because I'm always looking for ways to become a better wife. And this I think is a way to do that. Plus since Master put His foot down not that long ago about how I was to just simply do what He said and that was that.. I've been craving structure like you wouldn't believe. Structure is apparently very good for me, and keeps the depression at bay for the most part.. or at least doesn't allow it to get as bad.

Okay yeah. I'm earning a paycheck, and that's great and everything.. but what about the other stuff? Ya know?

I wonder how close to a heart attack Master is going to get when He reads this... *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment