September 17, 2010

Damn

I was right. I wasn't able to go to the therapy appointment today. And it actually kind of pissed me off.

I've been nervous about it since I made the appointment two weeks ago. I called while I was at work. I figured the sooner I called, the better.

So I called and I got the receptionist. I told her who I was and that I needed to reschedule, per the voice mail I got yesterday. She was kind of snotty about it when I asked if there was any way I could still get in today. She said no, because I'm a new patient I would need to get in there while there was still a receptionist on the clock. Apparently after my first appointment the later ones won't be a problem.

So I asked her why then, when I made the appointment, was 7pm offered. The receptionist I had talked to knew I was a new patient. In fact she took down all of my information and sent me a new patient packet in the mail so I could have most of the paper work already done.

She said, "Well I don't know," and kind of sighed.

That annoyed me.

She then proceeded to tell me they didn't have any other available appointments today. She asked me if I could get there at 10am on Monday.

Um, no.. I have to work.

To which she kind of snottily replied, "Well can't you just take off work?"

No again. The whole reason I chose this office in the first place is because they offer evening and weekend appointments. I mean I know I just played hookey on Wednesday, but still.

So she said in that case I would have to make an appointment for a time before 5pm. Well the only time I can do that without having to leave work early would be two weeks from today. So that's when it is. Which sucks, because now I get to wait. Again.

It seems like it is more difficult to start this "getting help" process than it should be.

I am not so pissed that I'm going to try and look for a different one. Just because this particular receptionist was a bit of a bitch, doesn't mean that the whole staff is that way.

Plus I want to base my decision on the doctor, not the receptionist.

So I'm waiting. I've read good things about this psychiatrist. So I want to give it a fair shot before I look elsewhere.

It just sucks and has me a bit bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment