February 24, 2010

Fuck You Snow!

Seriously, this is getting to be some bullshit.

Spring is "officially" only like what? Three weeks away or something like that? (I'm tired and can't be bothered with small details like "fact finding" right now..)

Well this morning when I got up and was getting ready for work I checked weather.com. It said it was going to snow. In fact they described it as "light flurries". Those over paid sons of bitches lied.

Most of the day it was fine. When I went outside on my lunch break to have a cigarette, it was snowing but it wasn't really all that bad and it wasn't sticking.

Then, as if it was planned, about a half hour before I got out of work it was snowing heavily and it sure in the hell was sticking. The coworkers in my carpool and I immediatley started e-mailing each other, basically going "This is going to suck!!!!"

Then MZ said that she wouldn't be going to school tonight. This was about five minutes before Master normally heads out the door to drive downtown. See, on nights that MZ goes to school, she drops us off down town and Master picks myself and AM up from there to take us home. Otherwise MZ wouldn't make it to school on time.

So I quickly called Master (thank Gods for a phone at my desk) and I was lucky enough to catch Him before He had left. I mean He has a cell phone, but sometimes He forgets it at home, so I was worried that I wouldn't catch Him in time.

I was glad that MZ wasn't going to school because I didn't want Master to have to go out and drive in this shit.

So finally we're out of work, at our normal time and we all hop in the car. It takes us literally 20 minutes just to get to the main road that leads to the interstate. So I sent a text to Master to let Him know not to start dinner yet because I was going to be late getting home.

We couldn't get above 25mph on the interstate. That's just insane. This isn't the worst snow storm we've had this winter, and yet it was the worst as far as other people driving like snails fuck.

It took over an hour to get home, but we made it safely so that's really all that matters.The weird thing was that the sky was purple for about the last 20 minutes of the drive.  That is a really weird color to see. It was actually kind of freaky.

When I finally stumbled in the door Master told me to call my mother because she had already called twice to see if I was home yet.

I had already called her, as soon as I got out of MZ's car, to let her know I had made it home safely. I'm almost 27 and she still freaks out when the weather is bad and I know if I don't call to let her know I'm safe, she'll eat herself with worry. My mother has an anxiety disorder, so I usually just call to let her know I'm fine so she can calm down.

Master and I ate dinner and have spent the evening keeping ourselves warm, and just joking around having a good time.

It looks like we're due for more snow tomorrow. Joy. Let's hope it takes less than an hour to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment