February 4, 2010

Date Nights

While Master and I were watching Dexter last night I suddenly looked up at Him and said, "Babe? When we have some extra cash I think we should plan a date night."

He smiled, and said that would be great. I'm thinking maybe a movie (at the theater, not at home) and then dinner somewhere. Now Master and I will try to go out to dinner about once a week if we have the money. But I want it to actually feel like a date, ya know?

I know what some of you may be thinking. "You guys live together. You're married for fuck's sake. What do you need a date night for?"

And honestly, I used to think that too. Like people who don't have children living at home who plan date nights with their live in significant other and/or spouse... I thought it was weird. That is until I started to realize how much life can just take over and you lose sight of one another for a while. Not totally, though. I mean we're still affectionate and playful. But still. I think it would be good to reconnect on a deeper, more relaxed level.

But honestly, for about a month now we've been so focused on everyone else. My brother. My dad. My mom. His mom. SS. The list continues. It seems when we're together and just sitting and talking, that's all we talk about. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing or that I'm mad about it. There is a lot going on. But I want a night to just focus on us. No answering the phone. No making plans with other people. Just us and no talking about all the other stuff.

I think it will be nice. And I also think we both need it.

I've created a poll so you guys can let me know (and the other people who stumble across this blog) whether or not you do date nights with your significant other. Please feel free to participate! :-)

[polldaddy poll=2650753]

Also you may notice that at the bottom of each post there is a "rate this post" option with five stars. You can now rate all of my posts! :-D This is a new feature that I stumbled upon here on WordPress. I think it'll prove to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment