February 7, 2010

Dad Came Over

This will probably be a short post since it is already 10:30pm, and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Today Master and I spent most of the day here at the apartment. We left a couple times just to pick up stuff we needed. But other than that we weren't sure when my dad was coming over, so we just kind of hung around.

Around 5pm my dad called and said they were on their way up. They were here about an hour later.

He brought his new girlfriend. She seems rather nice. She's laid back, which is a good thing. I couldn't really see my dad with someone who is stuck up anyway, but still.. I wasn't sure what to expect.

We just sat in the living room and talked. That was nice. There were no other distractions. My dad is looking for some furniture to replace the stuff that his ex is taking when she moves. So I told him about this used furniture store that is by us. He wants to go there, and have us come with, next week Sunday. I told him that would be fine. Actually I wouldn't mind looking around there anyway, just to see what they have. Maybe we could find a few pieces of furniture ourselves.

We mainly just talked. There weren't a lot of questions or anything like that. I asked his new girlfriend a few questions, like where she was from, and about her kids.. but that was really about it. She didn't ask any questions about me or Master. I'm assuming that my dad pretty much filled her in on everything already.

They left around 10pm. Master asked me what I thought of the new girlfriend. I think she's nice. She's somewhat similar to my dad's now ex... I feel relaxed around her at least.

So, really that's about it. I know, not really exciting. But I still have some things I have to do before I go to bed, and I want some down time with Master as well.

So I'm off. I'll hopefully have a more interesting post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment