February 3, 2010

Catching Up

I didn't do my blog post last night because Master and I had gotten home a little late and He said that it would be fine for me to skip it. So I did.

We had gone down to my dad's house last night. My dad finally was able to tell me what is going on. Him and his now exgirlfriend are in fact broken up, and have been for about two months. DW (my dad's now ex) is still living there and waiting to find a place. They are aiming at April right now. My dad is seeing someone new. She is 51 and my dad says he loves her. All I said was that I just want him to be happy. I mean he's my dad, of course I want him to be happy, ya know? He assured me that he is.

In fact he wants to come up to our apartment on Sunday, and bring his new girlfriend with him. He hasn't been up to our apartment in about two years, so needless to say I said that would be fine. I'm a little surprised he wants me to meet his girlfriend so soon. But then again Master and I were together only a few months when He met my father, so yeah.. I guess.

Plus I don't know if it's as big of a deal now to my dad, since I'm damn near 27 and what not. He just figures he's 49 years old, I'm almost 27, we're both adults and if I wasn't comfortable with it I would say something. And he's right.

To be honest when my dad was telling me everything, it was the closest I've felt to him in... damn... years. My dad typically doesn't like getting all serious. We normally just joke around and hang out. So that was kind of cool actually.

The problem with my dad coming up on Sunday is that my brother wants to come up Saturday, and spend the night. That is a lot of family time in one weekend. I love my father and my brother, but damn. Plus, I know my brother would not do well with meeting Dad's new girlfriend already.

My brother is 25, but he has some mental disabilities where he doesn't cope with things the same way a "normal" 25 year old would. In fact Bro still wishes our parents would get back together. They have been divorced for 10 years now. My brother was 15 and I was 17 when they split. My mother has a new husband that she has been with for about 8 years. Yeah. There is no chance in hell that's happening.

So I'm thinking about two other possibilities. One way or another I'm having dad come up. Bro was just here two weeks ago. Dad hasn't been here in a long time, and I haven't seen a lot of him lately.

Either 1) I'll have my brother come up on Saturday, but he just won't spend the night. Or 2) Totally reschedule with my brother.

But I don't want Bro thinking I'm pushing him aside for my dad. It's just that driving a 45 minute one way trip four times (drive down and pick up, drive back, drive down to drop off, drive back) is hell on the gas tank. And my mom has offered to hand me $10 in gas money, but still.

I don't know. I just told Master we would decide everything on Friday, as far as my brother goes.

As it is on Friday I won't be getting out at noon because I have a few hours to make-up from taking off on Monday due to not feeling well. I think it'll only be like 2 1/2 hours. But still. Getting out at 2:30pm on a day you normally get out at noon? Yeah. That bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment