November 2, 2013

Trick or Treat

I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was awesome! I know it was a day late but helping my dad with his haunted house was a blast like it is every year. We barely got there in time though thanks to traffic. So I basically rushed into the bathroom to change into my costume. I didn't have time for make-up so I stuck with the black eyeliner and dark red lipstick. *shrugs* It worked. My "job" at my dad's haunted house isn't really to scare people. My job is basically to make sure the kids and adults don't go into parts of the house they aren't supposed to go in. My dad blocks those areas off with props but that doesn't mean people don't try it anyway. Master is the one who gets to scare people. *grins* And He's good at it. This year He was a creepy as hell scarecrow. He is really good at standing or sitting as still as a statue.

So basically He just looked like another decoration. If there were little kids then Master just sat still. He couldn't always see who was coming through so Dad made sure to say, rather loudly, that nothing was going to pop out at them so they wouldn't be too scared to walk through. That was basically my dad's way of letting Master know so He wouldn't suddenly move or stand up.

But if they kids were older or it was an adult, Master would wait until they started to pass Him and then He would slowly turn His head or stand up suddenly. He never tried to grab anyone, just to be on the safe side. But a lot of people didn't even want to walk past Him because they were so creeped out by Him even though, at the time, He was just sitting there like a prop.

It was a blast. We also got some pictures too. There is one picture of us that I love! I'm in my costume and so is Master. He stood behind me and put His hands on my shoulders. I had my arms crossed and it basically ended up looking like I had this 6ft4 creepy as hell scarecrow guard that I would "sick" on people if they pissed me off. He had His mask on to add to the effect. I love that picture.

There were a few key points of last night that stick out in my mind in regards to Master scaring people.

One was when a kid threw a piece of candy at Him to try and prove to people that He wasn't a prop, thinking that He would move. Of course He didn't and my dad told the kid (he was a preteen) to go pick up the candy. The preteen refused. *laughs* So then he got a little closer and the kid said, "He's real. He has to be real." The kid had gotten brave enough to get closer to Master when he said it, so at that moment Master just turned His head and said, "Ya think?" The kid jumped back. It was hilarious.

Another time was when He decided to sit behind the couch like a prop rather than on the bar stool like He had been doing. Again, people didn't want to walk past Him. He sat still. Then, once they had gone through the haunted house and made it to where my dad was about to give them candy He sat up and popped up behind the couch. One of the girls screamed. That was funny.

The best one of the night though...

Well, there is this neighbor that always dresses up as Sting from WCW. And every year he stops at my dad's house to look around. (He's an adult.. probably about my age.) And he always brags about how he's never been scared of anything at my dad's. Ever.

Master was sitting on the bar stool, a little slumped over like He was a stuffed prop, just as He had been most of the night. The dude walks in and comments on how Dad's new stuffed prop looked really cool after my dad had told him that he made a new one this year, referring to Master.

The dude then turns around to talk to my dad, his back to Master. Master turned His head a tiny bit to make sure the guy wasn't looking. This guy couldn't see Him at all because his back was completely to Master and my dad and him were chatting away.

So Master slowly stands up to make sure He didn't make any noise and stands directly behind this guy. Like I said, Master is 6ft4 and this guy was probably about 5ft9 or so. As a result, Master was standing there towering over him. This entire time neither my dad or I reacted. It was just normal conversation. Then my dad makes this head movement to get the guy to turn around. When he does the fist thing he sees is Master's bloodied up jacket. He quickly looks up and sees Master's mask and he jumps back and makes a shocked sound. His eyes got huge and then once he had jumped back a little he started laughing.

It was fucking hilarious. My dad was laughing pretty hard and was so stoked that he had finally been able to scare this guy. 

After tricks and treats were done Master and I change into our regular clothes. We sat around and chilled with my dad, my uncle, and one of dad's friends that had come over once tricks and treats were done.

Right before we left my dad wanted to get some video of his haunted house as if the camcorder was someone coming through the haunted house. He wanted to send it to his girlfriend that lives out of state so she could see how everything looked. Master is really good with a camera so Dad wanted Him to handle the camcorder his friend had brought over.

So while they were doing that, Dad's friend, my uncle and I hid in the bedroom so we wouldn't get in the way or ruin the effect since we were already in our normal clothes. Once they were done we all came out and stayed for a little bit longer before saying goodbye and going home.

We both had a great time and look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment