November 2, 2012

Up In The Air

We have a wedding that we are going to next week Saturday. It is for our friend BC. He has been Master's friend since high school and where as we don't really care for the person he is marrying, well that's his choice and his life. We're just going to show support basically.

They pushed this whole wedding thing along. They were going to wait a little while longer but his fiance wanted both of her parents to be there when she got married and they both didn't have great health so they had decided to speed up the whole process.

As I said the wedding is set for next Saturday. Well, today Master got a phone call from BC. Apparently his fiance's mother passed away last night in her sleep. As I said, I don't care for this individual but that has to be hard. You pushed this up so she could be there and she passes away a week prior to the big day.

Master is now waiting on a phone call as to whether or not BC will need Him on Monday. If he does, Master will have to take me to work and pick me up so that He can have the car during the day. I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow.

My first thought, honestly, was whether or not they are going to postpone the wedding. On one hand it would make a lot of sense to do so, simply because of emotions and grieving. On the other hand you have all this money you've put into it and you don't get deposits back, etc. And they did. They have put quite a bit of money into the wedding.

So right now Master is on standby mode. Unfortunately I do not have the time left to take a full day of work off. So, if the funeral is during a time where I have to be at work, I won't be able to attend. Master will be going either way to support BC.

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame. :( I have no idea what I'd do in that sort of situation. I can't even wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't know what I would have done either.

    ReplyDelete