November 9, 2012

Rehearsal

Last night after I got home from work Master and I had to go pick up the tux He'll be wearing for BC's wedding on Saturday. He had to try it on to make sure everything was okay. He was grumbling the whole time. He hates tuxes. He wore a really nice suit for our wedding and it looks great on Him. And hey, we got to keep it rather than just renting it for a day.

Tonight we had to go to the wedding rehearsal. Now, these things don't really make a lot of sense to me. But then again we had a simple court house wedding. There was nothing to rehearse. Master and I are very laid back people and a court house wedding was perfect for us.

But anyway, like I said we had to go to the rehearsal. We got down there by 6pm and we actually got there before the bride and groom. They were late to their own rehearsal. Whatever. So I sit on the sidelines and Master goes through all the best man stuff. He was told where He has to stand, and how He's walking in, how to walk out, who He's walking with... etc and so on.

It took a while. It wasn't very organized at all. It was basically a lot of going over things more than once because they couldn't decide if they wanted it done one way or the other. Ugh.

While I was sitting there I talked to the groom's parents. I will know a total of six people at this wedding. Master, the groom, the bride, the groom's parents and the groom's sister. And really the bride and the groom's family members are more acquaintances. So, really I'll only know Master and the groom. And since Master is the best man I won't really be seeing Him/talking to Him until after the reception dinner. We have to get there by 2:30pm and the wedding isn't until 3:30pm. So I'll basically be sitting down somewhere in the room where the ceremony is and then when the dinner part comes I'll be sitting at a table with a bunch of people I don't know at all and finally when the dinner is done I'll be able to be near my Master again.

I know this all sounds codependent but it's not like I can't survive without Him there it's just very, very odd to be with Him somewhere and not be able to be near Him. It's uncomfortable for me. Especially since I'm not a very social person. And it's not one sided. Master feels the same way. He told me that He hopes the dinner goes quickly so He can come be by me.

We are one of those odd couples that love being near one another and enjoy just hanging out with each other.

Finally the rehearsal was done and it seemed like everyone knew what the fuck they are supposed to be doing so hopefully it'll go smoothly tomorrow.

Oh, and today? Today I had to buy pantyhose. *shudders* With the dress I'm wearing it's too short to be able to just pull off thigh highs. But I bought black pantyhose! There is no way in hell I'd wear "nude" pantyhose.

So I'll be in a black sleeveless dress, black pantyhose and black heels. I'll be the lady in black. I use the term lady very loosely. But hey, I was decked out in all black for our wedding so why the hell not. (Although I didn't wear pantyhose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment