November 13, 2012

Shocker

Anyone remember how not all that long ago we had those neighbors that just would not stop complaining to our landlord due to a verbal altercation Master and their middle aged son got into? Yes? No? Maybe?

Well I did quite a few posts about it while it was happening in order to vent a bit. Long story short, they had a verbal argument that got a little heated. We thought that was the end of it and next thing we know they are sending two letters a week to the landlord complaining about us. At the end of it the landlord offered to hold a meeting with them so we could clear the air. Four days before the meeting was supposed to happen the neighbors called the landlord and cancelled the meeting. From that point forward we hadn't heard a peep out of the upstairs neighbors.

No big deal. We went about business as usual and just stayed out of their way. Well tonight Master came in from taking out the dog and the first words out of His mouth were, "Babe, are we living in a different reality?"

Um. What?

So He told me that He ran into the upstairs neighbor (the one He got into a verbal argument with) on the way back in. My first thought was oh shit! But apparently it went the completely opposite direction than either of us would have ever thought it would go. It was only a matter of time after all.

Anyway, Master was walking our dog back inside and as He was coming up the main sidewalk the upstairs neighbor stopped Him. He actually apologized to Master about everything and told Him that he hopes there were no hard feelings. Master said that He apologized also (meaning about the argument) and that He understands that it was a bad day for everyone involved. The guy offered a handshake and Master shook his hand. Then the guy looked at our dog, who he had originally complained about, and called him a good dog.

That was it. They both said to have a good night and parted ways. As Master is telling me all of this I'm sure I had a look of shock on my face. I just can't believe it. I also have no fucking clue what prompted it. After all, the complaints stopped after the meeting was cancelled and that was a few months ago. So we had figured that they would just ignore us like we were ignoring them and life would continue that way.

But now that the guy took the time to actually talk to Master and apologize unprompted, I told Master that we should start being a little nicer. I've seen this guy in the parking lot before as I'm getting out of my car or something like that and I've just not said anything or even really looked at him.

There is a bit of a language barrier and I'm not sure what their native language is but you can tell that they come from a very proud heritage just by the way that they carry themselves. So for someone like that to just apologize out of nowhere blew me away.

So I think the next time I see him I'll just nicely say hi and wave. And I don't mean sarcastically. I just want to be nice. I am a royal bitch sometimes and I pride myself on that but when I'm dealing with people I have to live around I try to be nice because I don't want to have problems and we all have to live here so why cause drama, ya know?

I'm both shocked and relieved that this happened. I honestly hadn't thought about it much since the meeting was cancelled but this brought it to the forefront of my mind and I'm just happy that it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment