November 5, 2012

I'm An Idiot

I was not a happy camper this morning. Not at all.

Daylight savings was yesterday. So all the clocks fell back one hour. I had all the clocks changed no problem. I was so looking forward to the fact that I would technically be getting an extra hour of sleep.

So after Master fucked me one last time last night He ordered me to go to sleep. I wasn't tired but as soon as I got comfortable I was out like a light. Rough sex does that to you.

So my alarm goes off this morning and I turn it off, get out of bed and start my morning routine. I actually had to wake the dog up in order to take him out. Normally he's wagging his tail as soon as I walk into the living room like, "Morning Mom! Let's go!" But not this morning. He was still sleeping on the couch and when I woke him up he looked at me like, "What woman?! I'm sleeping!"

So I took him out and had everything ready to go. I was literally about to put my coat back on and leave for work when for whatever reason I peeked at the living room clock. It said it was 6am. What a damn minute. How in the fuck is it only 6am?!

I thought that maybe I had set it back too far. But nope. The microwave said the same time. As if that wasn't enough of a confirmation I looked at my cell phone. And then it dawned on me. I didn't set my alarm clock back an hour.

I use an old cell phone of mine as an alarm clock. It's just easier for me and I don't have to worry about the power going out and the alarm clock turning off or something along those lines. (It happened one time and since then I've used a cell phone.) I don't use my current cell phone because I charge it at night.

Now, I'm assuming that my stupid brain figured that the old cell phone would reset itself automatically because well, it's a cell phone. But nope. Son. Of. A. Bitch.

I could have slept an extra hour! What made me feel even more like an idiot is that there is literally a clock sitting on our dresser. I could have peeked at that when the alarm went off, like I normally do, but for whatever reason that didn't register. I must have passed the clock in the living room four or five times. I didn't even look at the clock on the microwave when I picked up the dog's leash which is literally right no top of the damn microwave in a basket.

Oh, and on top of all that? There is a clock right on the damn computer which I had been on for a good 15 minutes in order to check my e-mail and leave Master my morning note. But no. It took me to realize this all the way until I was ready to walk out the damn door.

Well, now I know why the dog was looking at me like I was nuts. His potty schedule is very strict. His body clock is set to it and so taking him an hour early probably threw him really off.

So yes, I'm an idiot. Needless to say I will be making damn sure that the clock on the old cell phone is set correctly tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment